New Itinerary For The Conquest!

Tapi

I'd love the change if even ONE of the ports was changed. I'm sorry, two ports in the Bahamas and they couldn't fit in Half Moon Cay?

Just my personal opinion but this is one less than impressive itinerary...

Totally agree! Although I'm happy that the ship will be going somewhere else, 2 ports in the Bahamas???? I say we start a petition via snail mail to put HMC in the itin for one of the Bahamas ports.

I for one am very glad to see the change. Good on ya Carnival. Love the Conquest but after 4 or 5 trips on her to the same places - it's time for a change. Been to all three new ports and liked all of them - would be happy to go back. Particularly Key West and Nassau. Freeport wasn't that exciting but that was back in the day when we didn't know much about cruising. Things could be different now :)

I'd love the change if even ONE of the ports was changed. I'm sorry, two ports in the Bahamas and they couldn't fit in Half Moon Cay?

Just my personal opinion but this is one less than impressive itinerary...

After reading John Heald's blog and seeing his photos of HMC... I'd LOVE to go there!!!

I wonder if they would alter the schedule?? It's still a year away!

While I am glad to see Carnival adding new options from Galveston, add me to the chorus of the less than thrilled. This is an itinerary I won't be booking. For all the bad press Progreso receives on these boards it has alot more to offer than Key West or Freeport.

I was hoping for a Roatan/Belize/Costa Maya itinerary, I guess I'll just have to wait. :mad:

From Galveston? It's a cruise ship not a star ship.

You need to Look at a map, These places are the same distance, if not closer than the Bahamas.

Carnival could have done better than Nassau, Freeport, and Key West. Very Lame.

Belize, Rotaan, Costa Maya would be much better.

We know 4 ports is out of the question....To much time off the ship to spend $$$$$ somewhere else....

I will pass on this one..

Looking at a map it is tough to come up with a four port cruise from Galveston. Cozumel is a day out and the other listed ports are beyond Cozumel. Kew West and Progreso are within a day of Galveston but go beyond any of these three and you begin to have problems with returning in time. The Conquest is too large to dock across the channel in Calica so the options really are limited. The three port options are much better.

While I view this new itinerary as a stinker, I think I understand the marketing. Carnival will now advertise an Eastern and Western itinerary from Galveston. Since most passengers are first-timers I can see the appeal.

You need to Look at a map, These places are the same distance, if not closer than the Bahamas.

Carnival could have done better than Nassau, Freeport, and Key West. Very Lame.

Belize, Rotaan, Costa Maya would be much better.

We know 4 ports is out of the question....To much time off the ship to spend $$$$$ somewhere else....

I will pass on this one..

Round trip Galveston, Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan Approximately 2678 Nautical Miles, not counting all the zig zagging a ship has to do in and out of the barrier reef.

Round trip Galveston, Key West, Nassau, Freeport approximately 1900 Nautical miles.

And I never said it wasn't a lame itinerary just the other one isn't doable.

I love it!!! We are only 20 miles from Galveston so a new itinerary so close to home is great. In fact... we are already booked for March 29, 2009. I thought the price was good as well (military rate).

Our PVP said they are trying this route out. I guess they'll see how it works. They could alternate which I think would work great for them.

No, you're not the only one not impressed.:confused: I'm tired of Nassau myself. I had a Freeport stop but it rained so we didn't get off the ship and Key West isn't an island. But I could be excited if I was near Texas and haven't been to those Islands.

your kidding right? key west is not an island? granted it is still in the USA but it is an island, and a great place to visit.

i am excited to see something out of Texas that does not stop in Mexico, or Jamaica two of the dirtiest placed in the carribean.

the Bahamas is much more friendly to tourist then either of those other places.

I was hoping to see something like what Valor does: Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.

I wonder if the new Itinerary saves on fuel and that was why it was chosen.

I am saying it is a fuel saving manuver as well as trying to please a crowd out of an already fully booked port. Sounds like there has been a clammor for alternate routes from Galveston, so this gives an option. The shorter route pleases the stock holders due to the 17% loss in profits. I would honestly expect to see the conquest eventually drop MoBay and pick up another closer stop potentially Progresso and curve out a route with an extra sea day at the end. Maybe even offer that as a third alternative.

Progresso, Cozumel, Grand Cayman.

Am i the only one not impressed with this new route ? :(

I'm with you. There is nothing I want to see in Nassau or Freeport (been there - not my idea of fun in the sun). A little weak for a great ship like the Conquest. I would have liked to see Belize or Roatan.

I won't be booking this one and I LOVE the Conquest.

[quote name='sixgun8']I would honestly expect to see the conquest eventually drop MoBay and pick up another closer stop potentially Progresso and curve out a route with an extra sea day at the end. Maybe even offer that as a third alternative.
Progresso, Cozumel, Grand Cayman.[/quote]

I personally do NOT like Progreso!! But, if one likes the old charm of Mexico, this is the port for you! I have never been to the Bahamas or Key West, and while I am excited to see a cruise from Galveston go somewhere that doesn't include Cozumel, after reading replies from others, I'm wondering if this is normally a trip done from Florida, a 5 nite cruise, maybe? I'm "cruisin with the Crazies" no matter WHAT, but I hope Carnival knows what they are doing...

[quote name='SheriNtexas']I personally do NOT like Progreso!! But, if one likes the old charm of Mexico, this is the port for you! I have never been to the Bahamas or Key West, and while I am excited to see a cruise from Galveston go somewhere that doesn't include Cozumel, after reading replies from others, I'm wondering if this is normally a trip done from Florida, a 5 nite cruise, maybe? I'm "cruisin with the Crazies" no matter WHAT, but I hope Carnival knows what they are doing...[/quote]

So many CCL guests have taken the trips to Nassau, Freeport, and Key West because of the many ships designated to that area. And those ports are for the most part a one trip affair.........been there done that. I think CCL could have done better. As mentioned half moon cay would have been a much better substitute. Once again CCL is taking something thats not broke and trying to fix it.

[quote name='Mikel1733'] Once again CCL is taking something thats not broke and trying to fix it.[/quote]

Well, I wish they would STOP that!!:eek: ;) I welcome a change for the Conquest, but it seems that quite a few people think they could have done BETTER...

WOW!! I'm cruising on the conquest in 44 days :D It's a short flight from Colorado, so whereas I'm sorry for those that aren't happy for it's new itenary change. Who knows.. for us who have never cruised the bahamas might just re-book the conquest right away. I wonder why they did this?? could it be (just merely a thought) that so many people are unhappy with the Jamaica port?? Or do the ships change their itenary's often? This will be our 3rd cruise so we aren't the experts.

Hello Everyone,

I have been to all of the ports mentioned except Montego Bay and I was looking forward to going there b/c I have never been there. Having said that Key West is a fun place and the Bahamas are beautiful. When you go walking on the beach it feels like you are walking on baby powder. The snorkeling is good in Key west, there are historical things to see as well and we could have one big conquest crazy party. There is always a silver lining.

Julie

[quote name='teedee'][B]You're not the only one! I'm upset about the changes. I am booked on the Cruise Critic group sailing on Conquest next September and it's one of the cruises that's been changed. I have no desire whatsoever to go on a 7 night cruise to the bahamas. The deposit I paid is supposed to be non-refundable but I'm hoping they'll make an exception since the itinerary has been completely changed. If not I only paid $50, so it's not that big a deal, but I won't be going. I hate it because it's a wonderful group on the rollcall.[/B]

[B]Terri[/B][/quote]

I so agree with you here..I am booked too, but I have paid 1500 down on 2 cabins for this cruise and it has changed..Not too happy about it either.

Me! Me! Me!

Although I have been to all of those places, I have been to W Carib thrice as many times! Not a fan of Freeport. Wish they could substitute that with a roaton spot or something. However, not sure how practical that would be. Or maybe a spot on their own private island. Where is that?

[quote name='scfjjb']This will be attractive to people who like to cruise out of Galveston and are tired of the Western Caribbean ports.[/quote]

Archived