Why so many different opinons

We have been on sixteen cruises and have enjoyed every one of them because we wanted to enjoy them! We were not looking for something wrong! We had a terrific cruise last month on the Jewel of the Seas. Was every meal absolutely terrific? No, but did we let that ruin our cruise? Of course not! This was our first balcony which we really enjoyed. The folks next door were chainsmokers and often drove us back into our cabin. Did that ruin our cruise? Not in the least! We had a great vacation and look forward to our next cruise. It is all in your perspective!

A lot will also depend on what you like on a cruise. If you looked forward to climbing the rock wall and it was down for some reason, it might ruin your cruise. If you had no intention of even looking for the wall, having it not be in operation won't affect your cruise.

If you don't drink and the bar service was poor, it won't affect you. If however, you like to drink and the service was poor, you'll probably comment about the poor bar service.

It just depends on what you like and what you receive.

My sister in law is alergic to the sun. She's never once complained about not getting a lounge chair out in the sun. The rest of us that are sun worshipers have.

A cruise is like anything else in life -- you get back what you put in. If you do your homework before selecting and booking a cruise, you are ahead of the game. Knowing what to expect, what is and is not included in your pricing, how many or how little activities the ship will provide, how many sea vs. port days, etc. all make a difference. Each ship has its own personality depending on the Captain and the CD and his/her staff. You can go on the same ship and have 2 totally difference experiences based upon the staff and what programs/activities are being offered.

If you choose the ship for ports (7 ports in 9 days), you will not care as much as about what activities the ship offers since most of your time will be ashore. If you select a sailing with many sea days, activities become more important since you are spending a good portion of your time aboard.

Some passengers are happy to just be on the ship and will book the least expensive cabin while others will only settled for the top price suites. It all depends on your life style and what you expect from your cruise.

I can tell you nothing can compare with sailing into Venice and being on deck as in comes into view. Anything else that might have not been so great was instantly forgotten. I was on the Royal Princess and at that time "Time to Say Goodbye" was being used in their ad campaigns. Here is the music being piped across the deck and people just staring at the view as Venice appeared. Totally magical!

Go and enjoy your cruise!

MARAPRINCE

The Rule of Customer Service:

If you have a good experience you might tell one person, If you have a bad experience you tell ten!

If you have 2 to 3 thousand per week cruising you are going to have people who have bad service and experiences, probably between 3-5% which is probalby acceptable in the cruise industry. These people will tell anyone who is willing to listen. What do you feel would be the best median to vent your fustration???? :rolleyes:

my rule?

i pay attention to facts, i.e. "no you cant bring an iron on board", " yes you get tendered into Labadee", stuff like that. Opinions?...well...I'll listen, but they usually don't reflect my experiences so, i don't put much stock in them. good to hear and have in the back of your mind, but I would keep them waaaay in the back.

Archived