FEATHERDALE vs KOALA PARK SANCTUARY

MOYSHA

Sadly before our cruise our time in Sydney will be limited. We do want to visit one of the wildlife parks, namely FEATHERDALE or KOALA PARK SANCTUARY. We will be visiting the park by public transportation. Since we will have time for only one of the parks, which one would you suggest and why ?

If you have limited time, then go directly to Toronga Zoo. Take the ferry from Circular Quay. Featherdale is not easy to get to by public transport.

Take the train to Blacktown and taxi to Featherdale, at least 45 mins to hour from Sydney.

I just came back from Sydney on 3-24-08 and I went to Featherdale on my own.

I took the train out to Blacktown which takes about 30 mins and right when you get off the train you walk down to the bus stop (main stop where all the buses are) and take number 28 and it stops right in front of featherdale.

I was hesitant at first to do this on my own but after I did it I realize it was easy and manageable.

The cost of the train was $6.80 roundtrip, bus ws $1.80 each way and the cost into Featherdale is $19.50 (if you can find a coupon from the concierge you get 15% off.)

I liked Featherdale much much better than Bonorong (which I thought was a waste of time and money).

Annie

Oops, I meant bus number 725 not 28.

I just came back from Sydney on 3-24-08 and I went to Featherdale on my own.

I took the train out to Blacktown which takes about 30 mins and right when you get off the train you walk down to the bus stop (main stop where all the buses are) and take number 28 and it stops right in front of featherdale.

I was hesitant at first to do this on my own but after I did it I realize it was easy and manageable.

The cost of the train was $6.80 roundtrip, bus ws $1.80 each way and the cost into Featherdale is $19.50 (if you can find a coupon from the concierge you get 15% off.)

I liked Featherdale much much better than Bonorong (which I thought was a waste of time and money).

Annie

Archived