Majesty Of The Seas: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Hi everyone,

I have tried for several days to do a search for Majesty of the Seas but it appears the Search function is down temporarily.

DH and I will be doing a 3 night cruise on Majesty of the Seas in May to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are arriving a day earlier and staying downtown Miami. Then we'll meet the ship Friday AM.

For those who have been on Majesty of the Seas, any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nice little ship, never felt crowded in public areas, neat overhaul last year, very friendly staff, small rooms but comfortable beds and look for the sandwich shop and pizza up the stairs from the Windjammer.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=391

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=76

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review_page2.cfm?ShipID=76

Also, in 3 days its hard to have enough time to take in the ship. If you've done Nassau before, I like to stay on the ship that day and hit Johnny Rockets for lunch. Also, you can pop into JR for dessert at the bar and not have to worry about the cover. You do have to pay for shakes.

CC is nice and its nice to be there with Majesty, a smaller ship, since CC can handle bigger ships, there is plenty of room to spread out.

We're doing the Majesty this December for our 35th anniversary. This will our 4th time on her. It's what got us started in cruising back in 2000. It's a nice ship for a short little cruise. We have no complaints about it. Looking forward to seeing the renovations that have made to her. You will enjoy it.

I LOVED my cruise on Majesty, but the bartenders on Coco Cay were rude while we were there. That was my only complaint. If he is still there, find Christian the "Bar Guy" from Turks and Caicos. He was awesome and made fabulous drinks :)

I sailed on Majesty 3 years ago and will be going in a few weeks again. Even before the refurb I loved this ship. Never had a problem with the food, even the WJ was really good.

The only negative is that the rooms are really small. That said, you rarely are in there so its okay, but it is a bit of a shock!!

I love the Sovereign and the Monarch, her sister ships, and I look forward to sailing on the Majesty in September, before RC sends *her* off to Pullmantur, too. :(

Don't know what it is but I really hate to see the Sovereign leave the fleet. Love her looks. I wish that they had sent the Monarch first in place of moving her to PC. I loved my two cruises on the Majesty too. She had a great crew on board both times.

We truly enjoyed our shortie on Majesty. Doris and Harry, it was great fun to meet you.

Rick and Deirdra

It was our pleasure... now if we can just co-ordinate another.... and, yes, I know...you are sure doing your part:o

..... meeting people like you.... that is one of the perks... and then a "happy" ship like the Majesty... priceless

Archived