1st Cruise is 18day Transatlantic 10/3/2008

tomtayerikylaly

Booked our first cruise, Mediterranean Cruise on Emerald Princess, 18 days Venice to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida with smartcruiser.com. Opted for guaranteed balcony and cruise air. Was able to verify my reservations on the Princess website; we have been assigned what seems to be a good balcony cabin on Caribe deck, so far so good. Port excursions are not available yet nor is airline information. Has anyone had problems with Princess Cruise airline bookings? Is there anyone taking this cruise that can offer any advise on port excursions? Will additional port excursions be offered at the ports? Thanks.

Most of the people on these boards love cruising. But, as strange as it may sound, there are actually some people that don't. Committing to 18 days on your very first cruise is very brave! I sure hope you love it like we do!

• 2 weeks later...

Always check for replies to your questions frequently for a few days, as some of the posters here only reply once a week to questions of interest. Some questions/posts can go on and on for over a week!

You might also want to post all your general questions on the Princess board. There you'll find frequent Princess cruisers that will answer your concerns re your specific itinerary or ship.

Add my voice to congratulations going around. I'm jealous of your 18-day first cruise.....my first was a toe-dipping three nights.....and it has been love ever since.

Thanks, This is a major step for me, the "worry wart." But for the first time in my life I am taking a positive attitude and going for it. Somehow I know it will all work out fine. It usually takes me a few days to adjust to a vacation, so that means I will get at least 15 wonderful days.

I am getting some GREAT advise on these boards, I am a bit of a germ freak so the whole "ice bucket" discussions put me over the edge....:eek: Thanks for replying. Anna

Booked our first cruise, Mediterranean Cruise on Emerald Princess, 18 days Venice to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida with smartcruiser.com. Opted for guaranteed balcony and cruise air. Was able to verify my reservations on the Princess website; we have been assigned what seems to be a good balcony cabin on Caribe deck, so far so good. Port excursions are not available yet nor is airline information. Has anyone had problems with Princess Cruise airline bookings? Is there anyone taking this cruise that can offer any advise on port excursions? Will additional port excursions be offered at the ports? Thanks.

Oh, I think you're going to love it! What a great first cruise! I'm green with envy. I love transatlantics. For ideas on what to do ashore, you might have a look at the boards for the various ports - lots of good advice there.

I hope you have a wonderful time!:)

Lisa

Thanks, This is a major step for me, the "worry wart." But for the first time in my life I am taking a positive attitude and going for it. Somehow I know it will all work out fine. It usually takes me a few days to adjust to a vacation, so that means I will get at least 15 wonderful days.

I am getting some GREAT advise on these boards, I am a bit of a germ freak so the whole "ice bucket" discussions put me over the edge....:eek: Thanks for replying. Anna

I haven't read any ice bucket discussions, but I can imagine. Look at it this way, the alcohol will kill those germs. :p

Have a great time!

P.S. Can you give us a clue about the meaning of your CC name?

Archived