? regarding CC "Orientation" the 1st night...

MamaParrotHead

I really look forward to the first night of "wandering around" the ship and making myself at home. :) Since we're bringing the kids this time, I wondered what the "Orientation" entailed, how much of it was obligatory (I want the kids to feel comfortable and all of us to know how things work, but don't know if we need to stick around for any of the other things they may have planned), when it takes place and how long it takes. Also, since I'll have two kids in different age groups, are the Orientations done together or separately (and if separately, at the same times or staggered times...just wondering if I need to rope someone into coming with us, LOL).;)

Thanks!

Hi! There is no "orientation" per se. Camp is closed embarkation day. That evening, there will be a Camp meeting in one of the lounges, where they introduce all the counselors and explain procedures. You fill out a form for your child/ren, with info on allergies, etc. Afterwards, there is a party in the disco, followed by a make-your-own-sundae party in the Lido restaurant. These activities are all parents with children (you can't just leave your child). These things are not obligatory. You can also sign your children up the next morning at the Camp. Later the evening of embarkation, at 10 pm, group babysitting starts (there is a small hourly fee).

As you are boarding, there will be Camp Carnival staff at the doorway handing out information about the specifics of Camp activities that evening to all families with children. If you have small children and are worried about them feeling comfortable in Camp, in addition to attending the events the first night, there is a period of about 30 minutes the first morning, just before Camp "officially" opens, say 8:30-9 am, when they allow parents into the Camp proper, with their children. We've never done this, so I can't comment.

HTH a little, and if you have any questions, I'm happy to try to answer them!:)

We ended up missing the 'orientation' meeting the first night of our last cruise (1st cruise with kids) just because I must have already seriously been on vacation and couldn't read the flyer correctly. We did take the kids up to Camp Carnival that evening for the 'open house', this is where the kids can see the room and meet the counselors and other kids with the parents present. It was open for an hour that night and we stayed about 30 minutes. We then took them back for the 'slumber party' where the fees apply. Guess I didn't miss anything at that first meeting. We had a great cruise and the kids loved the camp, so much so we are doing it all again this summer!

I looked at the Carnival Glory schedule and it said Orientation - 5:15pm. Then an open house is at 8pm.

Here is the deal. You just need to stop by the Camp sometime in the first 24 hours of being on the ship. ;) You go in (I always bring my 3 year old into the 8 year old room and vice versa, you don't need to separate them for sign in)...you fill out the papers (medical papers too) and they hand you beepers...and you go on your merry way in about 5 minutes.

You can do it the first night or the next morning.

The party in the disco the first night was fun for our kids. Funship Freddie came in and led some dances, they videotaped for the cruise video (which played all week in the rooms, my DD got a kick of us dancing on TV), and they had a parent vs. kid dance off. My DD is 6, DS 3, they enjoyed the dance and the ice cream party. We did go into Camp earlier in the day and walk around and check it out, really getting them excited to go. They did love Camp!

Archived