flight to PPT

sunsetme

I have done some reseach on the route you are trying to get airfare on and this is what I have found out. There are several airlines that fly this route they are Air Tahiti Nui and Air New Zealand. You might try Quantas and see what they have to offer. I saw a flight out of LAX to PPT returning to LAX by way of New Zealand for a price of $683.00 including tax. This is flying economy purchased through a consolidator. This might give you a start at what the rock bottom prices are. Believe me the prices go alot higher. By the way Tahiti is very expensive. Get to the ship as soon as possible unless you have money to burn. Hope this helps. Tim

Norwegian Sky Alaska

Norwegian Star Hawaii

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas Europe

Jdechter

What sailing are you booked on,we are booked on the March 10,2006 sailing along with a dozen other people that were on this past March's sailing.Most of us flew Air Tahiti Nui from Lax to PPT it is a long flight and if you can swing it go business.Air Tahiti was fantastic new planes, very good service and tv at every seat..

Tom

• 6 months later...

vivian02, I hope you are still reading this forum and can shed some light on this for me...

We need airfare for October/November 2005. We will need LAX-PPT, then PPT-SYD, and then SYD-PPT-LAX. With ATN starting service to SYD in July 2005, I'm hoping we can complete the whole trip with them. Right now fares for those dates are running around $1500, which I think is not too bad.

Do you think they will offer a similar seat sale to on the have on now ($1000 LAX-SYD with a free PPT stopover), but in Oct/Nov? That seems like a slow travel time to me, with no holidays and the kids in school. Then again, it's spring time in the South Pacific.... Basically, I want to know how long I should wait for a good deal before biting the bullet and paying $1500. Is November a busy time for ATN?

Hope to get some input from helpful CC'ers,

O_Negative

vivian02, I hope you are still reading this forum and can shed some light on this for me...

We need airfare for October/November 2005. We will need LAX-PPT, then PPT-SYD, and then SYD-PPT-LAX. With ATN starting service to SYD in July 2005, I'm hoping we can complete the whole trip with them. Right now fares for those dates are running around $1500, which I think is not too bad.

Do you think they will offer a similar seat sale to on the have on now ($1000 LAX-SYD with a free PPT stopover), but in Oct/Nov? That seems like a slow travel time to me, with no holidays and the kids in school. Then again, it's spring time in the South Pacific.... Basically, I want to know how long I should wait for a good deal before biting the bullet and paying $1500. Is November a busy time for ATN?

Hope to get some input from helpful CC'ers,

O_Negative

Just an FYI

Air Pacific is running specials-2/1, LAX to Fiji. Fare is 1400+ for one, companion flys free, so figure $750.00pp to Fiji. There are rather inexpensive flights ($250+) to PPT, SYD, MEL on Quantas and Air Pacific. Prices quoted on Air Pacific website are in Fiji dollars, which translate to 1.67 to 1 US dollar.

May pay to investigate the possibilities of going to a different front end destination to end up where you really want to go. Takes some doing to get it all to work together, but should save you about $400.00pp. If you need help, email. greatam@earthlink.net

I'm still out here. I just ran a check on flight to PPT, SYD and AKL and this is what I am seeing in your time frame Oct/Nov. PPT - $924 on expedia, SYD - $1332 on sidestep, AKL $1337 on sidestep. I'm presently looking to cruise either the Greek Islands or Austrial/New Zealand in 2006. I did notice you can be a one way flight AKL to SYD or SYD to AKL for around $200. Like Greatam pointed out there are some cheap hops you can find. I would do the following.

Download the software from Sidestep.com and run figures there. Monitor expedia for some great rates. Watch Travelzoo.com on Wednesdays for specials. The fare I saw months ago was on Lowestfare.com, you might run figures through that consolidator. I think you just have to monitor what is out there every week and something will pop up. Seems like you have plenty of time. By the way I got airfare into Munich Germany this coming May. I purchased those tickets through Orbitz that I found on sidestep last September. The price including taxes and insurance was $602 and thats Phoenix to Munich. Todays price is over $1000. Time and patience will pay off. Good luck on that airfare. By the way...you might want to check Hotwire and see what their prices are running. I did get a really great deal with them two years ago on a International flight. Good luck Tim

Archived