Sheraton Roma? thoughts

We will spend 4 nights in Rome prior to our cruise in August. I have reserved the Sheraton Roma for $60 and 4000 spg points per night. I know it is about 4-8 miles to the various sights. Free shuttle to town and cheap shuttle to airport. The Sheraton in town would be 20,000 points per night.

Anyone stayed at the Sheraton Roma? Thoughts?

Thanks

Have you read the reviews on Trip Advisor.com? - I was considering staying there before our cruise on the 24th, but I'm rethinking it after reading the reviews. - It sounds like it's quite a distance out, and it sounds like the shuttles can be difficult....

We stayed at the Sheraton Roma last year and found it great value. The free shuttle into and out of the city was very useful. Make sure you get the timetable from the concierge and plan accordingly. It is also very conveniently situated for the airport.

:)

I did read the trip advisor reviews but the the following caveats:

1. the hotel was modernized in the last year

2. In the past I have not usually agread. B4 our South American cruise there were reviews of our hotel in Sao Paulo.....which were correct in it being a bit out of the way but the hotel was drop dead gorgeous...and the reviews were bad (Huh...was my response) some people pick apart the cruise ships in the same way......We had a fabulous time on an Azamara cruise but some people on the same cruise (same date) wrote a horrible review.....could not believe we were on the same ship

Any more experiences

Archived