Spirit : Cruise Ticket Problems and Guide Error

Hello cruisers,

I'm having problems :o with tickets for "Pharoahs & the Promised Land" fingers crossed they are sorted out and the re-issued tickets arrive at the branch 120 miles away who misinformed me about the tickets a week ago saying they would come direct to me whereas in fact they have to go to the branch, the original ones (sent 9 March) didn't arrive etc fingers crossed. Then that they are posted to me safely and received before I cruise in nearly 2 weeks! This came about on the change over of Thomson general call nos being directed to branches and computer upgrades to shop systems etc and an error in ABTA numbers being used at the branch. Has anyone ever travelled not having received tickets and used booking papers if all else fails but hopefully tickets would be issued in the last week direct to the airport if all else fails, as I stand to lose nearly £1,000 if I don't get to board the plane.

We'll on another point the Shore Excursion Guide did arrive with me safetly today and is printed incorrectly in that on one page for Egypt, El Alamein description is the description for a trip to Saladi Citadel from a previous port of call in Syria and the Greek & Roman Alexandria trip to my knowledge is described as the aforementioned El Alamein trip as I did the trip on the Celebration last year, which leaves us with no description for Greek & Roman Alexandria but all will be revealed on board I'm sure just not good when they encourage people to book in advance for this one off cruise!:(

We had a similar problem with our tickets last October where Mrs had been printed out as Mr !!! The re issued tickets hadn't arrived by the time we left home but we took our paperwork to the Thomson desk at Gatwick (as we were told to do by the call centre) and he printed us off our tickets there and then...no problems....We had a lot less time to sort out the problem tho' as we only noticed the error about a week before we were due to go. I would have thought yours will be sorted by the time you are due to go.

Hello dreamracer2005,

I am on the " Pharaohs and the Promised Land cruise. I also had problem with my tickets, I recieved one set about four weeks ago and another set last week. Correct details and name, so I rang Thomsons as I was worried I may have been booked on the flight or cruise twice.But was told to destroy a set. ( which I have'nt, I am taking them both ).

I noticed that something was not quite right with the tours in Alexandria, but didn't know what, so thanx for that, I will wait till being aboard , four others I have pre booked.

Anyway have a wonderful cruise, some fabulous places to visit, may see you onboard.

Happy days Paula

Hi Paula

Yes I've two sets now and taking both sets better two than none. Hope you have a super cruise - I can't wait to get on board, but I did see the other day on another website the cruise advertised at stopping in Turkey on the second day instead of Syria! (first time I've seen this since I booked the cruise in May last year!) who knows, was Lebannon now Syria who know, anyway it will be great fun.

Archived