Wedding Vow Renewal in Grand Cayman Port

I am new at this, but here goes anyway.

My husband and I will be on the Carnival Liberty Cruise in July. We would like to renew our vows for our 25th wedding anniversary. The ship's price is $385 and we would have to have the vow renewal while at sea. Our anniversary date is the date that we are at the Grand Cayman Island. Does anyone know of any places at the Grand Cayman that does vow renewals on the beach? We just want something simple, nothing fancy: vow renewal with 8 of our family and friends and a champagne toast afterwards. We don't want to pay too much for this event, but the ship's price was do-able for us. Can anyone please give me suggestions for this wonderful event of ours? Thanks in advance.....:)

I am new at this, but here goes anyway.

My husband and I will be on the Carnival Liberty Cruise in July. We would like to renew our vows for our 25th wedding anniversary. The ship's price is $385 and we would have to have the vow renewal while at sea. Our anniversary date is the date that we are at the Grand Cayman Island. Does anyone know of any places at the Grand Cayman that does vow renewals on the beach? We just want something simple, nothing fancy: vow renewal with 8 of our family and friends and a champagne toast afterwards. We don't want to pay too much for this event, but the ship's price was do-able for us. Can anyone please give me suggestions for this wonderful event of ours? Thanks in advance.....:)

Sorry, I dont have anything specific to report back but my advice to you is to googleGrand Cayman and Wedding and see what you get returned. Also, consider posting this in the Grand Cayman port section of these boards. There just may be a local hanging out on that board that could offer you some concrete advice.

Good luck!

I would be a little worried about scheduling your event in Grand Cayman -- I think that it is one of the most cancelled ports due to sea conditions that prevent safe tendering. Personally that happened twice out of the four times we were supposed to stop there.

I would consider either the shipboard ceremony or another port, if you are ok with not having the renewal on your actual anniversary.

Congratulations, btw!

Thank you very much for the info. I will try the Grand Cayman forum.

Also, since the cruise line cancels that port a lot, I may re-think about having the vow renewal on the ship.

Thank you so much for all of your input!:)

I can recomend Grand Old House on Grand Cayman (we got married there this Feb, off our Disney cruise )- they do vow renewals either beachside (small local beach ) or on their pier. The food is to die for, and they have their own wedding /renewal coordinator who is excellent and will allow you to personalise any of their packages, as much as you want to and at a fraction of the cost of a cruise organised service.

Its only a mile from the port and well worth considering.:)

Thanks for the info regarding the Grand Old House. I will check into it!

Some people on the same cruise had organised for their parents to do a vow renewal there before our wedding (they ended up being our witnesses !).

I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I shared the link to their renewal service, since they have posted it on several discussion boards already ;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8117382885030274843

We had our wedding service on the pier at GOH - it was an equally stunning setting.

The beach they use is less than 3 minutes away...it is a small beach that locals sometimes use ....and is alot more intimate than 7 mile beach.

Hope this helps.:)

Archived