Crown & Anchor Credit

lmurf

We just finished our 5th cruise, AOS 3/2/08, but they can't seem to get it credited to our cruise history. In their emails back to me, they say they have located it but are having technical difficulty in getting it credited. That seems to be a crock of sxxx to me! I've told them that I am hesitant to book another cruise until they get my status changed from GOLD to PLATINUM. Any ideas or suggestions? :o

We just finished our 5th cruise, AOS 3/2/08, but they can't seem to get it credited to our cruise history. In their emails back to me, they say they have located it but are having technical difficulty in getting it credited. That seems to be a crock of sxxx to me! I've told them that I am hesitant to book another cruise until they get my status changed from GOLD to PLATINUM. Any ideas or suggestions? :o

It hasn't even been a month, it took 6 months for my last one to get added. They have been having problems for a long time. As long as they can see it don't worry about it.

Call Crown and Anchor. I bet they have your appropriate credits documented, they're just not 'posted' yet and the ones who answer your emails dont have all the info. They will also tell you that their systems are being updated (since June '07,lol)- I would definitely give them a call to clarify. It took a couple of months for our 12night to appear and our status to change from gold to platinum.

Welcome to the club. Call C&A. They probably have it right. I've checked more than once because my credits are really not updated, but Crown and Anchor have everything right and that's the important part. They know that there are glitches in the system. Go with C&A

We went from gold to platinum in December and had already booked a cruise for this March. My cruise credits kept showing only 3 credits and gold status, my cuise history was correct, showing 5. I emailed C&A and they changed my status to platinum even though I still only show 3 credits. I then called and had the balcony discount applied for the March cruise. I now have completed the March cruise, their web site shows me as Platinum with 3 cruise credits and my cruise history is correct with 6 credits.

Yes, I was told by the C&A rep when I booked my May Radiance cruise that they go with the cruise history count and as long as that is correct you get the benefits of that level. When I log on to my C&A account it still only shows 5 cruise credits but my history shows the correct amount which is 9 and she confirmed that this next cruise will give both I and DW diamond level status.

It hasn't even been a month, it took 6 months for my last one to get added. They have been having problems for a long time. As long as they can see it don't worry about it.

Exactly right, it took 3 months for the last one to show up on their site, but in my cruise history, both cruises were listed and C&A Customer service can confirm your status before and after you book another cruise. The IT/web people seem overwhelmed at RCI. (Probably in a small shack somewhere in Bangalore, India. )

I have another issue with my cruise credits. The cruises listed are correct, the total count is wrong. When I emailed C&A, they came back and said the system shows I have twice as many credits (32 credits vs 16) and that I am now a Diamond Plus level.

I think I will leave it at that.

Lucky you! RCCL is notoriously slow, and none too accurate when it comes to applying cruise credits and monitoring cruise history. We got double credit for our first cruise, and when I called to ask about it, I was thanked for coming forward and being honest, and then told it would be too much of a hassle for them to remove the extra credit. So, we have cruised six times, but have seven credits (or we will when they apply the most recent one). As long as you get the perks you qualify for, I wouldn't concern yourself much with the website.

RCCL seems to be confused even in Miami!

We received a "Welcome to Diamond" letter from Alice Norsworthy, Sr. V.P., Marketing last mo. prior to our 10th cruise last week. C&A declined that extra discount, of course. When we returned from that 10th cruise Tues. we had another letter from her welcoming us to Platinum! :rolleyes: C&A now has us credited w/all the cruises after I sent a detailed list but online still shows 5, a month after I updated them!!:mad:

I think most of us are in the same boat [no pun intended] w/credit malfunctions!

I got the same problem since 2005. Please see their response below:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. While we understand how frustrating this situation may be for you, we are unable to update our records at this time. Due to system errors, should we try to merge the files together the information could be lost. Rather than risk loosing your records, we will keep this information on file until we are able to safely merge the files together giving you the correct credits.

Should you wish to book a new sailing and this is not resolved with in a month of sailing, we will be more than happy to e-mail the ship and let them know of your correct status and credits. Please contact our office a month prior to sailing if your history is still not reflecting correctly.

jf

I have at times been a little frustrated with the speed of updating or getting the appropriate credit, but I have never felt they were jerking me. Unless you are going on another cruise and this additional credit places you in a higher level, I would suggest just monitoring it and giving them some time.

There have been two times I have had to get with C&A and both times it took some time to fix, but they did the right thing. :)

Thanks for all of your input.

I guess what I'm thinking...if these folks can't do something as simple as credit a cruise (doesn't matter about the website...just as long as it's on my C&A record), then how are they going to give me good service on my next cruise? They need to get their IT folks busy, quit out-sourcing to India, and improve some things.

Just my humble opinion....

Other than that, we've been very pleased with RCaribbean!

:D

Archived