HELP! Never been to the Caribbean

mp006

Trying to plan a Caribbean cruise, but so many options to choose from.

Normally my DH and I spend 9 days in Daytona Beach in November, but thought we might shake it up a bit this year.

Important to us:

Less children on cruise.

More relaxation time in ports (less shore excursions-beaches ok).

Scenery, of course.

Shady spots to retreat to for my DH-don't want to spend an arm & a leg for cover.

Considering Holland America Eurodam 7 days 11/8/2008 from FLL-2 at sea days, Grand Turks, Turks & Caicos, San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas USVI, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas.

Can you give me input on advantages/disadvantages of this date or ports?

We like sailing in November to early December for those reasons. There are not too many children on board during that season, and it is usually an older crowd on the ships. Also, since it is at the end of the hurricane season, so hopefully you'll have good weather for sailing (although bad weather could still happen.)

Cruise rates are at bargain basement prices for that time of year, since most folks vacation during the summer, and don't want to vacation during the major holiday seasons!

Pete

I agree. We usually cruise the Caribbean in the fall. Very few children onboard, low fares, and the weather is very good. Turks and Caicos - great beaches. Bahamas - VG beaches. St Thomas - great beaches. San Juan - good port for exploring. All in all, an excellent choice.

You will love it!!

Archived