"Sail in to the Future" certificate

lunyma

Has anyone here used one of these yet? I'm trying to figure out if the $100 I paid for it while onboard my last cruise is considered my FULL deposit for my next cruise, or will be deducted from my total *regular* deposit or final payment. Yes... I called a PVP and she seemed not to know anything about it (not to mention she sounded quite rushed and didn't want to deal with it). I also called my regular TA who is looking in to it, but she is also in the midst of planning her daughter's wedding next month.

I just wanted to know if anyone HAS used this, and how it was applied to their next cruise.

TIA!

Hi, I paid for one in February and just used it to book a cruise next february. Pvp didn't know anything about it either, so here's what you do. YOu have to pay the deposit minus 100.00, so mine should have been 500.00, but I only paid 400.00, then I put the booking number on the certificate and mailed it to the address on the back, certified so I had a receipt, then in a few days I received a new invoice showing the 100.00 applied to dep and the $100 obc. Hope this helps, Cindy

Hi, I paid for one in February and just used it to book a cruise next february. Pvp didn't know anything about it either, so here's what you do. YOu have to pay the deposit minus 100.00, so mine should have been 500.00, but I only paid 400.00, then I put the booking number on the certificate and mailed it to the address on the back, certified so I had a receipt, then in a few days I received a new invoice showing the 100.00 applied to dep and the $100 obc. Hope this helps, Cindy

Thanks, Cindy. I sort of figured it would work that way. That's how RCCL's program works too. I haven't made a final decision on which cruise I'm taking yet, but at least I know I have $100 towards the deposit already. Every little bit counts!

My PVP didn't seem to know much about it when I brought it up either. I faxed her a copy of it two days ago and she said she was going to speak to her supervisor about how to use it. As of now I've put a deposit down for myself (to secure the room we wanted) and I plan on adding my girlfriend to the booking in a couple days (using that $100 towards her deposit)....

My PVP knew right away what I was talking about and he even subtracted the $100 at the time of booking, even though I had to add my booking number and mail it in. It applied to my total, not my initial deposit. Would do it again but I read where it might not be an option any more. It helps so much to purchase the certificate the last day for a future cruise, then you have something to look forward to.

So how and where do you get these certificates?

You purchase them onboard the ship. You should get a flyer in one of the daily capers that explains how to purchase it. I filled it out, dropped it off, and the certificate was in our cabin the next day.

Okay, so what's the benefit?

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival is offering a "Sail into the Future" program aboard the Carnival Valor, Carnival Legend and Carnival Fascination. Passengers making a $100 deposit on a future cruise will receive shipboard credit on that cruise -- $50 or $100, depending on the length of the chosen cruise. The promotion is good on any Carnival ship or sail date, but it may not be combined with certain restricted fares.

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival is offering a "Sail into the Future" program aboard the Carnival Valor, Carnival Legend and Carnival Fascination. Passengers making a $100 deposit on a future cruise will receive shipboard credit on that cruise -- $50 or $100, depending on the length of the chosen cruise. The promotion is good on any Carnival ship or sail date, but it may not be combined with certain restricted fares.

Aha! Thanks for answering. I had the same question since I figured $100 paid for a certificate is the same as $100 paid toward a deposit.

Carnival Cruise Lines

Ok, that explains why it wasn't offered on Conquest two weeks ago. I asked about this, and they looked at me like I was crazy. I've used this on Princess -- it's a good deal.

Archived