Just Back From Our Triumph Odessey!

Beerman

Just got back home from our Sept 18th sailing. Had a fantastic time! However if you think it doesn't cause problems for EVERYONE because of hurricanes don't be fooled. While the extra 2 days at sea are OK, the trickle down effect JUST ISN'T WORTH IT! Trying to reschedule flights, trying to keep people at home informed.etc, etc. Didn't get into Port until Monday morning, didn't get off board until 11:30, but couldn't get a flight out until today(Tuesday). By the way Carnival DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD< BUT YOU CAN'T FOOL WITH MOTHER NATURE. Food was very good, Carnival employees fantastic, And didn't let a few stains or some paper and or cups laying around bother me. Passengers are the ones who throw paper and leave cups laying places they shouldn't. Heck I saw people just walk away after dropping ice cream cones on decks. Those who have had a bad time on the Triumph, I certainly can't understand why. And I certainly hope the people cruising now on the shortened Triumph cruise this week don't take their frustrations out on Carnival and the crew. It isn't their fault. If you have any specific ? you can e-mail me terdog920@aol.com. Once again our cruise was great!

Hi Beerman! Sorry to hear that things got chaotic at the end...we were on the Triumph about 3 weeks ago on the shortened version :(

WE made the best of it...we would have loved getting acouple of extra days at sea...but theat's the beauty of living in the home port of Miami.

But for folks like you I'm sure its a logistics nightmare trying to get back home!

In any case...I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise....we are looking forward to using our 50% discount to go on the Valor in March!

colette and ron,

We just booked for next march as well. When in march are you going? We're sailing on March 26. We'll be on the lido deck.

Beerman and Imondrop, after reading your posts, I'm glad that I'm not cruising during hurricane season! I feel so bad for everyone who has been affected by any of the hurricanes. This year has been so bad!!

Kathy

Collette and Ron We we're on Lido Deck Balcony Cabin. It's worth the money for balcony. You do wait for elevators, so my best suggestion is to get on the first available one . If it says it's going up and you want to go down and no one is on it when you press your floor it will change. The biggest delays is at dinner time and after the shows. Don't let it bother you, if able their are always stairs. Terry

I was also on the triumph this past week (9/18) and I WAS a first time cruiser. Wow what a fantastic time!!! It was the best vacation of my life. The staff and crew were great. Waiters Sergio and Juan #1 were so friendly and courteous, welcoming us back on day number 8. (yes we are still here. lol) Our room steward was very efficient. (I am having withdrawls when I come home from work and there isn't a towel animal or mint on my pillow) Every person that has posted is correct, if you go and plan on having a good time, you will. Our trip was fantastic!!! We did the western carribbean. In Cozumel we rented a jeep and went to paradise beach. Ok in Costa Maya I only made it to the swim up bar!! Yards of margaritas are a dangerous thing. In Jamacia we had a tour with Phil Lafayette, it was awesome!! The highlight of our trip. I highly reccomend him. The comics on board were great. The new cruise director Mark was very good and his assistant weeeeeeee Jimmy even better. My friend won $500 in bingo the first night. The best cocktail was a mango kiss on the lips. Once we discovered those (the first night) we knew we were in trouble. We were on the Empress deck in an inside cabins. I am a large woman and had no problem at all in the cabins, plenty of room. I think the roominess of the ship is a big plus, never felt crowded.

The only negative(which I am sending a letter to carnival about) Is the decision to try to outrun the hurricane and race back to Miami ahead of it. I am a native Floridian and am well aware of hurricane evacuation orders. Going full speed ahead to get us back to miami and "dump" us was a very bad decision and I understand it was corprate Carnival and not the Triumph's decision. Not knowing if we were going back or staying out to sea caused alot of hard feelings and undo stress on people that had no idea what would happen. Racing back and then making the right decision to keep us out at the last minute was poor managment. That said, I have booked another cruise the exact same week on the Victory!!!!! Bring on the Kiss on the lips!!!!!

Daisy

Those Kiss on the Lips drinks were REALLY good, and it did help that I had a HOT waiter dude I always seemed to manage to order drinks from. :p

I had an awesome time, and I was just down the hall from you. I thought the rooms were spacious and had no problems at all with my waiter or room steward.

NOW with the extra 2 days at sea, I was happy to have an extended vacation but it was very stressful trying to get in touch with someone "at home" to let them know we were ok.

So Daisy are you booking with Frank next year? (I dont dare ask on our other message board)

We're going March 12th. We used the one day sale to pay for a 1A and got upgraded to 4G. Our PVP told us we could ask to be upgraded again, but we would lose our assigned cabin and take our chances with getting a 5A/6A anywhere on the ship. Not sure if we want to do that or not. We may opt to pay for an upgrade for a balcony. I guess we have 90 days to make changes.

How is the Panorama deck? (Anyone?) Our last 2 cruise ships didn't even have that deck(I don't think). Our PVP told us we'd be close to the action and wouldn't even need a balcony as we could just walk outside our rooms to the upper deck and pool. What do you guys think?

Archived