Have your young kids NOT liked the cruise?

OSUcruiser

I am apprehensive of taking my 4yr old son on a family cruise. He is a social person and attends preschool 4x a week. But he is also stubborn and likes to be at home. We were thinking of a shorter cruise to start. What parts did your little ones like or dislike at this age?

Thanks!

Hi my son was 5 and socialble as well. He LOVED IT! it was a 7 day western carib. He loved camp carnival and would get mad when we picked him up. the waiters at dinner treated him well, and would always talk to him. We did all sorts of fun things like a family scavenger hunt, sundae making, they had an un birthday party etc. He would always shout out to kids he saw, saying heres ______ my new friend! WE are taking him on our next cruise is 45 ndays !!!

My five year old went on an 11-night family cruise this spring. It was on RCI not Carnival. It took him a day or so to really get into the kids club but once he did he LOVED it!! I had to beg him to spend a day at the pool with me! He even stayed behind while the rest of the family went on excursions. He also liked room service. I can't say there was anything he didn't like except maybe when he had to leave the kids club at night.

In 2000 we took our 4 year old grandson on his first cruise, and he's been cruising every year since. He had the most wonderful time. Unlike many of the other kids, we enrolled him in the kids program, but he didn't want to go, he wanted to stay in the pool (even though we have one you wouldn't have known it, you'd have thought he had never been in the water). But with all the kids playing and having such a wonderful time he justed wanted to join in. Take your son, he will love it, and the look on their face at seeing the ship for the first time or enjoying the excursions is truly priceless.;)

My daughter turned 5 on her first cruise and she LOVED it. She loved Camp carnival wayyyy more than preschool/daycare. She would pitch a fit when they closed or when we picked her up. They do a different activity almost every 30 mins. Dont worry, he will have a great time. She didnt like the dining room tho. She wanted to eat with the camp group...Pizza etc She tells everyone about it and that she climbed a huge waterfall in Jamaica. hehehe

Mine started at 4, and has now cruised 4 times, and LOVED every one.

Never needed Camp Carnival once!

Loved EVERYTHING...shows, pools, all the people, all the excitement, the friends she made.....etc....

She will be on #5 next May, at the ripe old age of 6.

Mine cried and hated Camp Carnival....but they loved cruising. They're now 18 and 24 and still crying when I try to leave them in Camp Carnival...but they still love cruising.

Not being inclined to partake in Camp Carnival activities was no big deal, though. They're mine and I enjoyed having them with me. They were well behaved, quiet, and respectful of others...even at a young age. They are now both Dean's List students. One majored in Philosophy and Communications and graduates in December and the other is a sophomore triple major...English, History, and Political Science.

Life is good...and we're cruising again in March.

Mine cried and hated Camp Carnival....but they loved cruising. They are now both Dean's List students. One majored in Philosophy and Communications and graduates in December and the other is a sophomore triple major...English, History, and Political Science.

I'm not sure how that relates to the original question. If they HATE Camp Carnival, they will be good students?

Congrats.....but please, stay on topic. Posters ask questions and replies talk about themselves.......I've seen it time & time again.

People LOVE talking about themselves & will jump at the chance. Chill. Dolly

And aren't you just now guilty of the same offense of posting off topic, Dolly?

My original post at least mentioned Camp Carnival, whereas yours only criticized my post and added nothing to the thread.

Some people LOVE a chance to be critical of others...

I took my 2 year old granddughter on a 15 Panama Canal Cruise. Oh, ya her parents brought themselves:) She was great the first 12 or 13 days, than started talking about home. But, so was her mom.

A five to seven day cruise should be great for your 4 year old. Try camp Carnival but, don't plan on it just incase. My DGD loved it but, tried the crying thing on Daddy.

I think that children that age are so impressionable. If you take them on a cruise and YOU are having a great time and are happy...then THEY are happy. Kids are just a reflection of what they see and experience...that's why it's so important to let them see and experience as much happiness as possible. :D

I have a two year old and a newborn at home. I cannot wait to cruise again. I was hoping to be able to get on a cruise when my youngest is 2, but i am not sure if that will be a waste for him or not. I would not mind if he did not like Camp Carnival and opted to hang w/ his parents instead. However, I am afraid he would be bored out of his mind if he did not like camp. At least at home, he has an abundance of toys and activities to occupy him, as well as a lot of space to run and play. Cruise ships are not "child proof" and even though I have kids I am sensative to the fact that others do not want kids running around the ship. Has anyone brought a youngster (in the 2-3 year old range) who did not attend camp but still had a great time? Also, has anyone had a problem with the kids getting sea sickness?

Mine cried and hated Camp Carnival....but they loved cruising. They're now 18 and 24 and still crying when I try to leave them in Camp Carnival...but they still love cruising.

Not being inclined to partake in Camp Carnival activities was no big deal, though. They're mine and I enjoyed having them with me. They were well behaved, quiet, and respectful of others...even at a young age. They are now both Dean's List students. One majored in Philosophy and Communications and graduates in December and the other is a sophomore triple major...English, History, and Political Science.

Stircrzy....I chuckled at your Camp Carnival comment. I could envision you trying to leave an 18 and 24 year old at Camp Carnival with all the little kiddies!

Congrats on raising great students!

My youngest was 5 when we took her on her first cruise.. she had a blast!! she was one that preferred camp carnival to spending time with us.. They had so much for the kiddos to do that she was ready to go as soon as she woke up every morning!! We would all eat breakfast together and then off she went.. I always picked her up for lunch and as soon as she ate she was ready to go back.. picked her up for dinner each night and as soon as we were finished she was asking to go back to cc!! She had the best time... We are headed back in March and she will be 7 but Im sure it will be the same thing then..

Archived