Black Falcon Cruise Port, Jewel of the seas

LonW

We also left via Black Falcon and imagine we will be doing so this year as well. Some folks have had good luck with arriving at the pier early there but we didn't. This time around we will just enjoy Boston a little longer and arrive around 1:30 or so to avoid waiting outside as we did a few years ago.

Whether you arrive in Boston the night before or same day, I would suggest a taxi. As much as I like the MBTA for sightseeing, dragging luggage on the bus or train would be a real pain. JMO

We have been cruising for several year and have only taken one cruise from our homeport of Boston--Jewel of the Seas in the Fall of 2005.

It was our easiest embarkation and debarkation of any cruise we've ever taken. We got the pier around noon and were on the ship within 15 minutes. We also had a great debarkation in Boston. We were quite surprised things went so smoothly because there were five ships in port the day we departed.

Best thing about sailing out of Boston is watching the planes flying over the ship onto the airport strip at the other end of the harbor. The kids on the ship were so excited seeing the underbelly of the planes. It felt like you could almost touch them.

Boston Harbor has tons of little islands that you passby as you sailaway. Don't miss the sunset reflecting on the John Hancock Tower behind as you sailaway. It was the largest sunset we've ever seen. My DD was able to capture the bright orange color covering the entire building in the distance. Great photo!

Can't wait to sail Jewel again on its repositioning cruise Oct 28.

Does anyone know how much the taxi fare is between Logan Intl. and Black Falcon Cruise Terminal? How far apart are they? Is this the best way to get to the terminal? I don't want to take the bus or train because I will be carrying luggage. Any information is appreciated.

Does anyone know how much the taxi fare is between Logan Intl. and Black Falcon Cruise Terminal? How far apart are they? Is this the best way to get to the terminal? I don't want to take the bus or train because I will be carrying luggage. Any information is appreciated.

I'm afraid I don't remember, but the cab fare is not that outrageous. We always stay in Boston at least one night or two (love that city!) before the cruise but grab a cab the day of debarkation. The ride is not that long at all.

Archived