Age restrictions in chops?

Hi all-

Are the age restrictions at Chops enforced? Have a well-behaved 10yo that goes to finer restaurants regularly with no problems. I know, I know, we all know the mom with the brat says that too. ha ha

DD is used to the long, leisurely meal, but don't want to break the rules- I understand the reasoning behing it. I don't want a loud kid sitting near me at Chops either.

What's been your experience?

Thanks

My DS started going to Chops and Portofino's when he was 8. He's 10 now and still enjoys a nice steak for dinner. The staff will only allow us to dine at 6pm, which is the earliest reservations......

In December on Liberty, we were sailing with our friends who have a 3 year old. We were all permitted to go to Chops on the condition the child would be taken out if asked to do so by the wait staff. It worked well and we were all able to eat dinner at the same time!

Chops and Portofino have a 13 and over age policy. Last time we sailed they very strictly adhered to the policy. We paired our nights at Chops & Portofino with the nights the kids did dinner with AO. It worked out great and was a nice break for the adults to have a relaxing dinner - kid-free.

Chops and Portofino have a 13 and over age policy. Last time we sailed they very strictly adhered to the policy. We paired our nights at Chops & Portofino with the nights the kids did dinner with AO. It worked out great and was a nice break for the adults to have a relaxing dinner - kid-free.

Yes but did you ask to bring a child? ;) We all know the policy...but it seems that we get more and more parents coming here to report that they were in fact, given reservations with their children.

Like I said, I will never bring my kids to those restaurants. When I want an adult dining experience, I don't bring the kids...lol.

But I can tell you from experience that they do allow it to those that ask. At least they do on the Freedom class ships.

Archived