Most cherished Cruise Memorabilia..

MamaTene

What is yours? I am speaking of items you received while on board or perhaps information about the ship you were sailing recvd while on board..

Mine is a toss up...In the past, the Officer of the Day use to post on an actual card with the stats for the day regarding the ships speed, location, weather, nautical miles traveled that day etc. I have one from the NORWAY that somehow found its way into my homegoing luggage!

Also have a frog, swan and 2 rings made from dollar bills that our dining room attendant made for us aboard the Holiday..our kids STILL talk about those to this day and now the Grandkids are in awe of them.

This was made for us by a wonderful employee on HAL, and is a cherished memento of our trip.

AK%202504e.jpg?imgmax=512

And this is my favorite onboard purchase. I guess it's the little devil in me, but I love wearing it around on land and seeing peoples' perplexed looks :P

AK%202054e.jpg?imgmax=512

Mine would be when my DH and I renewed our vows on the Norway, and the Captain not only signed our renewal certificate (along with the Priest on-board), but he performed the ceremony as well. I have the certificate hanging up along with a picture of the two us dressed to the nine's standing next to the Captain.

I always try to buy something from one of the onboard shops ..love the little hinged boxes and the specialized crystal pieces. Also have 2 BEAUTIFUL LLADRO pieces from our cruise to Hawaii aboard Island Princess

I have two things that I really like. I have a medal that I got from winning The Quest on Mariner of the seas. I really like that because I worked my butt off for it! :D On the last night of the same cruise I was in one store where an employee asked me if I wanted a cigar box. She had just finished putting the cigars on display or something and was going to throw the box away. I don't smoke cigars or anything but it's a really neat box.

My daughter loves a stuffed camel given to her on her first cruise by a crew member. (Lorenzo from the Island Princess) She was 5.

My favorite is a silver picture frame Princess gave me on the Millennium cruise to the Holy Land. It has a precious picture of my then 8 year old on a camel in front of the Pyramids.

I have an Animator's Palate dinner and dessert menu from my first sailing. It's the one with Cinderella changing from her pink dress to her ball gown.

On my 2nd cruise it was special 10 day cruise on the Wonder. I asked my waiter if I could take the menu's and he said no. I was bummed but said ok. Ducky Williams who does allot of the character drawings for Disney was on this sailing. He was seated the next table over from us. He was the one did the work on the menu's for that special sailing. Well on the last night his table mates pulled out the whole 9 nights menu's and he signed each one of them for them. WTH? I quickly pointed it out to our waiter. If he can give them out, why can't I have mine. He was highly upset that the Matri'd had told me no, but Ducky had been allowed to give some out. He went and got the Matri'd and explained what had just happened. That night when we got back to our cabin, we had our menu's under our door. I have had each one framed front and back in glass, so you can see both sides of it.

I have two favorites, both from the OLD, TINY< no longer in sakiling Dolphin IV. On our 2nd cruise on her we were given champaign (sp?) glasses with her emblem on them. This was before Dolphin sold her to Cape Canaveral Cruises. Then we went on a fantastic New Year's Millenium cruise- booked the day before she left. Then we got champaign glasses with 2000 as the stem.

We travel w/ somelife long friends, almost exclusively on HAL, and love to participate in the various trivia games, scattergories, pictionary etc and with nearly 240 yrs of life experience between us, we more often than not, win the competition.

A few cruises back we were cleaning up on coffee mugs, mouse pads, key chains, etc and that evening happened to be in one of the lounges late when they announced they were choosing 3 guys to do their best Elvis impersonation. My buddy won hands down.. and when he came back to the table, feeling his oats (and his black russians) he announced that before the cruise was over, we were going to win everything but the Captain's socks...

I mulled that one over during the nite and the next day i talked to one of the entertainment staff about the possibility of getting the Captain to autograph a pair of athletic socks that I would provide. She got a kick out of the story and the concept and assured me she could make it happen. So that nite the Captain and the Cruise Director met us in one of the lounges (after we ditched buddy and his wife) and did the deed for us. Captain said "Just when I think I've seen it all... *L* "

We brought the socks home and my wife who is fairly crafty, mounted them in a shadow box with some cruise memorabilia and a pic we had taken of Ed doing his Elvis act and we then gave the finished product to him for his birthday. It now hangs in a place of honor above his rec room bar.

Guess all that's left for us now is the cruise director's undies.. *L*

This is by far my most cherished memorabilia!

m_d5cfc43166a7dedf8fe7d1bc587b2c24.jpg

Seems I picked he/she up on our Christmas cruise with Carnival! We'd been working on having our first for almost four years, ended up we just needed some "drinks of the day" and warm sea breezes!

Before this addition it would also be our Chirstmas ornaments we get on every ship. It's nice to do a little daydreaming in the cold of the Chirstmas holiday!

I keep everything !!!. I keep a log /diary of what and where for each day. Also all those daily news letters telling you what is on the next day etc.

Also buy at least a tee shirt and a small piece of jewellery.

It's lovely to look back on a few weeks down the line.

2czx7ja.jpg

I have a similar lapel pin from the Queen Elizabeth 2 circa 1970. It has a royal blue background and reads Queen Elizabeth 2 along the outline and E2 at the center. It is special to me because my mum bought it for me during one our Christmas Cruises aboard the QE2 many years ago. It always reminds me of the great ship board adventures of my youth and fond travel memories with my family.

On a recent QE2 voyage I spotted my royal blue pin behind glass as part of a special QE2 memorabilia section. It's a little piece of Cunard history and I wear it proudly no matter what ship we sail across the sea.

Jonathan

Mine is the 30,000+ digital photos I have taken that I can look at when I get too old to cruise.

My wife has a charm bracelet that we add a charm to during each trip. We have had to add a another chain to the bracelet so we can keep adding charms.

I always try to buy a replica ship and a cup of each ship that we go on along with the famous Welcome Aboard picture. It is all dispayed in what I call my little travel room and each time that I enter it, I am reminded of how much I love to cruise!

My wife keeps everything, so we have all kinds of momentos from our cruises. She has a scrapbook from each cruise, with all kinds of stuff in them. I buy cigars on our cruises, and still have quite a few from earlier cruises that I consider special. I bought a nice box of Cuban Hoyo de Monterrey cigars in 2001, and I only smoke one when I have a special occasion, like the marriage of our daughters, birth of grand children etc. I have only ONE left from that box now..........

My favorites are two pictures taken on two different cruises. One of our teenage children climbing Dunns River Falls, and one of my DH and I taken on Vision of the Seas that is so good it rivals our wedding pictures.

Archived