Fantasy Fest

madelinerose

A group of us on the Roll Calls thread will be in Key West on October 27, during Fantasy Fest.

We would love to attend the Pet Parade, unfortunately, our ship leaves at 4:30pm. :(

What daytime things will be happening during Fantasy Fest? The FF website's schedule of events lists only evening events.

Since Key West is anticipating approximately 50,000 guests, not including the cruise pax, I assume it will be very crowded.

Any suggestions or must-do things would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

Other than seeing some decorations on some of the buildings,it is "Key West" as normal during the day. When the sun goes down is when it gets interesting! As far as being more crowded,I didn't find that to be the case during the day as I think alot of people are resting up during the day for the very long night.

Nothing is scheduled for the datime on the 27th, so make your own Fantasy celebration. Check out the historic seaport boardwalk, enjoy some libations & music at the Schooner Wharf Bar, grab some key lime pie and baked oysters at Pepe's (the oldest restaurant, located on Caroline St), maybe some conch chowder & fritters at the Conch Republic Seafood Co. Duval Street sometimes closes the 100 & 200 block during this day to traffic if the crowd is big enough. Either way, expect a good handful of Fantasy Freaks exposing as early and as much as they can. Have fun!

Archived