Here It Is Boys and Girls...New Dress Code

KenMo

I told my oldest son I didn't care what other folks were wearing to the dining room (pointing out the guys in shorts with baseball caps/sunglasses perched on the brim). As long as he was sitting at our table and we were paying for the cruise, he would wear what we told him to wear!

Finally, someone with a level-headed perspective; thanks!..

Now we can laugh at all the men too! I know there are some laughs at the expense of some females outfits but if I see guys dressed like this I'm liable to just get hysterical! Ugh, the hairy legs! It's bad enough by the pool! Please guys, take the pledge NOT to do this!:eek: :eek:

haa

it really looks good on the guys in Bermuda! I guess because its expected and accepted there LOL

You know what happens when one assumes.. ;)

I have high hopes that now that they have changed the dress requirements to suit people who don't want to pack/wear more formal clothing, that they will NOW enforce the new rules.

If indeed this does go the way you so pessimistically predict, I have to say that I may get turned off. Dining with people who dress casually is fine. Dining with slobs is another thing altogether.

well... he's still better dressed than some others...

00310m.jpg

LOL, while seated at the table, I'm sure he looks dashing. :p

Seriously, my personal opinion is that looks ridiculous...but that's just my taste. I certainly can't say that he looks sloppy.

I have high hopes that now that they have changed the dress requirements to suit people who don't want to pack/wear more formal clothing, that they will NOW enforce the new rules.

If indeed this does go the way you so pessimistically predict, I have to say that I may get turned off. Dining with people who dress casually is fine. Dining with slobs is another thing altogether.

And what makes you so optimistic that they will (with some act of God) FINALLY enforce the rules? Honestly, I really do applaud your optimism, but realistically, I would plan on being ready to dine with slobs (as you put it)..

And what makes you so optimistic that they will (with some act of God) FINALLY enforce the rules? Honestly, I really do applaud your optimism, but realistically, I would plan on being ready to dine with slobs (as you put it)..

I'm optimistic by nature ;)

Seriously, other lines that have a relaxed dress code (NCL for instance) are good about enforcing it so it doesn't get out of hand. I'm hoping CCL will do the same.

I could very well be wrong, but I'm not going to anticipate a bunch of hole-in-the-pants-butt-crack-hanging-out-floozie-daisy-dukes with ball caps. I do believe that most people have more class than that. And the ones who don't will be asked to eat at the buffet.

If they do allow the dining room to fill with the above then I will jump ship (theoretically speaking of course) and cruise the other lines. I seriously doubt this will happen though.

Amazing how some of the dinosaurs, aristocrass and penguins have condemned the dress code to utter failure before it has even been implemented. Doomed are we, according to them. I don't think so.

When you post the same exact crap on two threads... it takes away the umpfffft you may have been trying to effect... and just leaves pffffffffffftttttttttttttt... :D

Couldn't have said it better.

We won't be looking to sail Carnival anytime soon. Come on have some taste.

Fellow Cruisers:

Remember how casual Fridays gradually turned into sloppy Fridays? What is next, optional shaving and bathing? And if the food fare in the dinning room will be matched to the attire of the guests , you can kiss those lobster dinners good-bye, my friends. It will be pizza and burgers , plastic mustard and ketchup bottles in the middle of the table and extra napkins for that special rib-night.

OK, I am kidding, but one does not have to be a snob to clean up a little for dinner and, let's face it, even the hardest working Joe- Six -Pack can look mighty handsome in a nice jacket, shirt and tie . Just ask your girl!

You must resist the dumbing down and anything goes attitude. And on a personal note I could also do without being called by my first name by the wait staff. It has nothing to do with being friendly and puts an additonal burden on these folks to remember the names of the hoards of guests they serve every week. I have the urmost respect for them and the service they provide so that we can have a good time and will tip handsomely. But Madam and Sir will do just fine .

Well, I probably should just enjoy reading instead of putting my 2 cents in on this type of thread, especially since I see both sides, but I couldn't resist since we started packing today for our cruise. It doesn't bother me much what others are wearing, but I do enjoy finding great dresses I don't get to wear at home and wearing them on formal nights. However, since my husband and the airlines are cracking down on how many and how large our suitcases can be I am thankful for the new dress code. It would be nice to ditch the garment bag if we needed to. I have two DD and the clothes, shoes-especially shoes, and accesories simply take up too much space. I think this will make it easier for families to pack and enjoy their vacation. I wonder though how long it will be before those of us who are wearing evening gowns on formal nights will be the ones out of place?

I could not be more thrilled that they relaxed the dress code. We have always abided by it but grudgingly. We live in Florida and have a casual lifestyle and we will love not having to dress up on our vacation.

Thanks Carnival, I hope you have set a trend that will follow to other cruise lines!

Thanks Carnival, I hope you have set a trend that will follow to other cruise lines!

There I have to totally disagree.

When Princess introduced the any time dining option....then even HAL followed I was nervous (and still am) that CCL will try this as well. I don't think all lines should be alike. I like diversity!!! So, with the dress codes, I feel the same.

What good would it be if all the lines did everything the same???? That's no fun.

I honestly dont understand what the casual cruisers are so happy about, no offense.. reading the faqs section on Carnival, you still need to be appropriately dressed for formal night...

Not that i care what you are wearing, i really dont.. but reading this thread.. i am under the impression that Carnival should perhaps hide the bathrobes :D

i am just confused.. thats all..

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs). Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, and sleeveless shirts for men.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

I honestly dont understand what the casual cruisers are so happy about, no offense.. reading the faqs section on Carnival, you still need to be appropriately dressed for formal night...

Certain factions would go on endless tirades about how jeans were inappropriate and not allowed in dining rooms - even though jeans were, in fact, always allowed. The insults were often mean spirited and evil.

Now Carnival has shut a number of them up by clearly stating jeans are allowed. Of course a few are refusing to acknowledge defeat.

As to formal nights, the same factions would insist a tie had to be worn and and jacket as well. Mind you, some of these individuals also insisted jeans were too warm to be worn yet somehow a jacket wouldn't be???

Once again, they have been proven wrong - neither a jacket nor tie is required.

The dress code really hasn't changed much in reality, but the changes do reflect reality.

Not that i care what you are wearing, i really dont.. but reading this thread.. i am under the impression that Carnival should perhaps hide the bathrobes :D

i am just confused.. thats all..

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs). Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, and sleeveless shirts for men.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Here's a question, do the people who screamed the most about wearing casual clothing own dressy shorts? :confused:

Hell, my DH has a tux but he doesn't own 'dressy' shorts...unless they consider Dockers shorts dressy...and if they do, I guess I don't see them as such.

They're shorts.

Here's a question, do the people who screamed the most about wearing casual clothing own dressy shorts? :confused:

Hell, my DH has a tux but he doesn't own 'dressy' shorts...unless they consider Dockers shorts dressy...and if they do, I guess I don't see them as such.

They're shorts.

I don't plan on wearing shorts, dressy or not, at dinner. For that matter, I don't plan on changing anything I've been doing all along, so the "new" dress code really has no effect on me.

I guess some people don't understand casual. Casual is dressy shorts. Casual is wearing slacks and shirt without a tie and jacket. Which is what is now allowed on formal nights.

I think the problem here is some people think casual and slob is one and the same:rolleyes:

Casual is some peoples way of life. Casual people take baths. Casual people wear the proper shoes. Casual people wear diamonds. Casual people use silverware. Casual people wash their hands. Casual people have college degrees. Casual people even comb their hair.........heck they even have manners......

Archived