Cabo-glass bottom boat

txwildflower2002

Absolutely. They will take you all around the area known as Finisterra (aka: Lands End, El Arco, The Arch). You will see the sea lion colony, scooby doo rock, Lovers Beach, Divorce Beach (the Pacific Ocean side of Lovers Beach), etc.

Absolutely. They will take you all around the area known as Finisterra (aka: Lands End, El Arco, The Arch). You will see the sea lion colony, scooby doo rock, Lovers Beach, Divorce Beach (the Pacific Ocean side of Lovers Beach), etc.

This was the exact same experience we had. It was a great time!

Where do I find them when I get off the ship? How long do you stay at the beach? Refreshments?

If you want to actually get off the boat and wade ashore to Lover's Beach of course you can do that. You don't need a glass bottom boat for that, you could also just use a water taxi. There are limited facilities at lovers beach, maybe someone selling beer & soda out of a cooler. Remember you will have to get in and out of the boat at Lover's Beach in 2-3 feet of water. There will be people there to help but they will want a tip. You can either negotiate for a one way trip or pay for a round trip. If you pay for a round trip, remember what your boat driver and the boat looks like. They all look pretty similar. Tell them what time to pick you up. You don't have to pay for a round trip but of course they will want you to. They are pretty honest people.

One way that is popular is paying (either a glass bottom boat, or a water taxi) for a tour out to see the arch and then get dropped off at Medano Beach (Cabo's main beach with beach bars/restaurants as well as timeshare resorts). Remember that if you go by boat, you will be getting off in the water either at Lover's Beach or Medano Beach. If you want to stay dry, then you will have to take your tour to the arch (both to/from) the tender pier area. If you also want to see Medano Beach and stay dry, then you can just take a cab there as well. All of the little boats will be readily available when you land at the tender pier.

The tenders will drop you off at the Marina which is about 10-16 minutes from Medano beach. You can arrange with a water taxi driver to take you wherever, to Lover's, then Medano then back to the tender dock. They will be waiting for you when you get off the tenders. Make sure to negociate the price before getting aboard.

The tenders will drop you off at the Marina which is about 10-16 minutes from Medano beach. You can arrange with a water taxi driver to take you wherever, to Lover's, then Medano then back to the tender dock. They will be waiting for you when you get off the tenders. Make sure to negociate the price before getting aboard.

Beg to differ Househunter,

Normally you are 100% correct, but I think it's a bit more than 10-16 minutes to Medano Beach from the tender pier (unless there is a shortcut I don't know about). I'm guessing it could easily take 30 min to get there unless you are race-walking. It's not a walk that is typically suggested because it is easier to just get a water taxi or a cab. I've only done this walk a couple of times so I could be wrong (or maybe just too old).

I'm guessing it could easily take 30 min to get there unless you are race-walking. It's not a walk that is typically suggested because it is easier to just get a water taxi or a cab. I've only done this walk a couple of times so I could be wrong (or maybe just too old).

I would agree with SDPadre. Just walking around the Marina takes a good half hour.

On the Water Taxi subject and Lovers Beach, I would not make arrangements on the ship. I would wait till you are ashore, you will find plenty of people there trying to get you in a water taxi. During our last visit we were able to take a taxi from the far side of the marina (close to the tender dock) to Medano beach for about $6-$7. Lovers beach was about $10 each.

Can't wait to be back in Cabo! (even if it is only for a day.:o

Los Cabos is the whole area which is made up Cabo san Lucas, San Jose and the Corridor which is between the 2. If you meant San Jose, it is a charming more authentic mexican town about 20 minutes from Cabo. The cab fare there is about $40 each way. We went there once but actually prefer the hustle and bustle of Cabo. It would be a great way to spend part of the day if you want to see the difference between the 2 towns.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. We will definitely do a quick tour to Los Arcos and back since we will be bringing the parents. We don't think Lover's Beach would be a good idea for them. No bathrooms, no chairs and too much sun for them may not be a good thing.

On the Water Taxi subject and Lovers Beach, I would not make arrangements on the ship. I would wait till you are ashore, you will find plenty of people there trying to get you in a water taxi. During our last visit we were able to take a taxi from the far side of the marina (close to the tender dock) to Medano beach for about $6-$7. Lovers beach was about $10 each.

Can't wait to be back in Cabo! (even if it is only for a day.:o

Is it $6-$7 per person or for the whole party?

I am planning to take a taxi to see the sea lions at the Arch and then get dropped off at Medano Beach for the remainder of our port time. Is this a reasonable plan? I expect that this will be more than the $6-$7. Any ideas about how much more?

We have 3 kids, so I would want to pick a spot on Medano with facilities. Any recommendations? I have read that this is the best beach for kids.

Thanks!

Is it $6-$7 per person or for the whole party?

I am planning to take a taxi to see the sea lions at the Arch and then get dropped off at Medano Beach for the remainder of our port time. Is this a reasonable plan? I expect that this will be more than the $6-$7. Any ideas about how much more?

We have 3 kids, so I would want to pick a spot on Medano with facilities. Any recommendations? I have read that this is the best beach for kids.

Thanks!

You shouldn't have any problem with this plan. The boat drivers will want to negotiate a round trip fee for the whole thing including the return trip to the tender pier. I would avoid that because your plans could change with your children. Just pay for the one way trip to Medano Beach (including the trip out to the Arch, etc.) Not sure what the price will be (they will expect you to negotiate). For the best place on Medano Beach, you may want to consider paying the "day use resort fee" at the Melia Hotel (aka: ME) on Medano Beach. The fee is a credit you purchase and then spend on food and drink. This allows you to use their facilities (beach chairs, cabanas, swimming pools, bathrooms, etc) which would be good for the kids. The price will probably be determined by how busy they are when you go (time of year). The other resorts on the beach are timeshare places and generally exclude "day users" but you can always ask. Pueblo Bonito Blanco (next to the Melia) and Pueblo Bonito Rose (next to PB Blanco) generally exclude "day users", but if it's slow, you never know. They are also really nice places.

When returning to the tender pier, you can either take a water taxi, or else take a regular taxi to the Marina area and then get out, see a little of Cabo (shopping), and then walk along the Marina to the tender pier. NOTE, the walk from the beginning of the Marina area out to the tender pier is about 30 min. Nice walk, lots of vendors, but it does take some time.

Archived