Tequilla Factory

kruz

Please forgive if this has been asked before( I would search but the search engine has been down for some time on here) but does the tequilla factory give tours? Has anyone done this?

Yes, there are tours available of the "factory". It's not a working factory, just a demonstration of some of the equipment, but there are samples!! :D

Our driver took us there even after we said we didn't really want to go. He said we could take a look & take some pictures of the tequila plants (I've already forgotten the real name for the plants). The owner didn't charge us the $7 per person price but still walked us through the garden area explaining the tequila process. We got samples at their store & actually bought a couple of bottles. I'm glad we ended up going, though I'm sure the taxi driver got a kickback for taking us there. It was a win-win for everyone though, & if we go back, I'd probably pay for the full tour.

Just returned from our cruise. We did 1/2 day at Paradise Beach, then hired a van to drive us around the island. Our last stop was the tequila factory. Very informative tour, $10 entry fee, free samples when we were done. Everyone in our group enjoyed it. BEWARE! There was a sobriety checkpoint after we left; did not get stopped and did not see police there, but our driver did say they do make stops periodically. They were parked across from Sr. Iguanas when we stopped there too.....

Just returned from our cruise. We did 1/2 day at Paradise Beach, then hired a van to drive us around the island. Our last stop was the tequila factory. Very informative tour, $10 entry fee, free samples when we were done. Everyone in our group enjoyed it. BEWARE! There was a sobriety checkpoint after we left; did not get stopped and did not see police there, but our driver did say they do make stops periodically. They were parked across from Sr. Iguanas when we stopped there too.....

Thanks for that Gail! I was thinking of renting a jeep but your plan sounds much better..and safer too! Did you just hire a van outside of the beach area? Did you make any other stops along the way?

I hired a driver for four hours. The van held 8, was air conditioned, and he stopped when and where we wanted to. It cost $25 per person, well worth it for us. We have rented a vehicle before and it eliminates a lot of hassle AND no one has to be the DD :D If you want my drivers info, drop me a mail at foley dot gail @ gmail.com

Archived