Hotels with day rates post cruise

Fauna

The Wyland was offering day rates for $99 a while back, but I don't know if they still are. For the most part, you won't find any hotels in Waikiki or Honolulu that offer day rates at all. You could try checking some of the regular overnight rates and see if there are any that would work for you. You could ask for early check in and, at a minimum, check your luggage at the bell desk and check in so that you would have use of the hotel facilities (and the freedom to go explore if you like) until your room is ready. Then you'd still have the room later to take showers and/or rest before heading to the airport. You'd need to leave for the airport by 7:45 (8:00 at the absolute latest).

beachchick

The Wyland was still offering this rate as of mid January. We also considered booking a room at the Ohana Airport Hotel...this would be a good option if you planned to spend the day at the north shore or in other locations away from Waikiki, and was only about $130.

In the end, we ended up taking a tour, but our flight was much earlier (6:30pm), so a day room would not have been worthwhile.

• 4 weeks later...

The Wyland does still offer their $99 Day Rate for Standard (smaller)rooms. Sometimes they will upgrade you to a suite for a nominal fee at the Front Desk. Their number is 877-WYLAND-8. Their Spa & Fitness Room are now open and their Italian Restaurant Spada opens this week. :)

Our flight does not leave until 10PM and we don't want to risk luggage in a rental car all day. Does anyone know of hotels with day rates we can use post cruise. Thanks

Here is another option! We did Hawaii cruise in Jan.

Attached to the airport u can walk through to a connecting hotel (dont remember the name) u dont even realize your in a concourse so close to the airlines. There is a bunch of stores and restuarants and stuck in between is a small kiosk that holds luggage and parcels till 10/11 pm. I dont recall the price's but If I recall it was only 2 to$5 per bag.

Now before ppl jump all over this topic I know that all airports took out the baggage holding area's since 9/11. But this place is not affliated with the airport is affliated with hotel/mini mall.

If you can find out the name of the hotel u can start there as I'm sure the conceirge would know.

I had the same senerio where flight wasn't till 11pm but my partner flew out at 1:45.

Because I flew using points (free ticket) i got a sh&*^y return flight.

So I decided to hop in cab and go to the nearest YMCA, lucked out and got a room for $37

The "Y" is now male and female and I'm guessing they allow children so u may want to check this out. I also know that they don't take reservations, it's on a 1st come 1st serve basis. The room and bathrooms were very clean and well kept.

When we were in Hawaii in Nov 2006 we checked our luggage in at the cruise ship terminal when we left the ship in the morning as we didn't fly out until that night.

We went and picked it up on our way to the airport that evening.

Archived