Travellers Checks

JimandLouise

I always carry travelers checks in US currency and cash them at the Pursers Desk. For my next cruise (7 days away) I've already purchased some Euros and will carry them in cash. If I need additional Euros I'll pick them up from the local ATMs or just use my credit card for purchases.

In the past I have converted US Travelers checks into other currenties with no fee at the pursers desk..with so many counties using the Euro having TC in them might be a good bet if the fee/ conversion fee for them is good at home. In some ports the local bank had reps on board to asst with converions bu thten there were minor fees....still less then in port.

Most of these trips were on the Royal pior to the change to the Euro.

Our last trip down to Australia this past November, Princess had money exchange machines onboard. You paid a small fee which was deducted at the machine, but it would exchange your U.S. to Australian Dollars for you. You can also find many money exchange offices and banks on shore if you should need more.

Just cash your TC's before you leave the ship and you will be ready to have some fun.

Archived