Assigned dinner seating

tinacolada

Is pre-assigning early or late seating for meals a thing of the past? I really expected the TA to ask me and I didn't even think about it till later but I noticed on the confirmation that she sent, it said "Dining on request: requested times are not guaranteed. A confirmed dining time will be give at embarkation." Is this typical and if so, what are the chances that we will get the late dining since we always eat later and prefer it?? Do one or the other get filled up, depending on when you check in? This has me a bit worried.

You usually put in your preference at time of booking. Call your TA and tell her to put in your request for late dining. The earlier seating is more popular. Dining times are assigned before you check in, so it has nothing to do with your arrival at the port. You'll receive your Sail and Sign card at check-in with your dining assignment on it. If you do end up with early seating, you can go to the maitre' d on the first day and request he move you. He'll accomodate you to the best of his ability.

Is pre-assigning early or late seating for meals a thing of the past? I really expected the TA to ask me and I didn't even think about it till later but I noticed on the confirmation that she sent, it said "Dining on request: requested times are not guaranteed. A confirmed dining time will be give at embarkation." Is this typical and if so, what are the chances that we will get the late dining since we always eat later and prefer it?? Do one or the other get filled up, depending on when you check in? This has me a bit worried.

That's absolutely normal. When you book you REQUEST a dining time. The Maitre d' assigns dining times and it may not be what you originally requested. If that's the case visit the Maitre d' upon embarkation. There will be a time and location listed in the Capers.

Archived