Hulk Hogan on the Imagination

jobster71

I just watched a rerun of Hulk Hogan Knows Best with his whole family on a birthday cruise. He seemed to have been a good sport even when all the folks was gawking at him and would not let him have any vacation time. It would have been better if they went on a bigger ship and more things to do.

I live in Clearwater, after everything that has happened with that family lately, I can't even enjoy watching reruns of that show now. The story of his son's auto accident is in the news here all the time. Very sad situation.

:eek: They showed different clips of him trying to layout and fans kept harrasing him for autograps and pictures. He seemed like he could not relax. He did looked like he had some fun on the Newlywed and not so newlywed game that they joined. I would be surprised if goes on another cruise, EVER.

That happened on the ship?

No the accident did not happen on the ship. Nick, his son, was driving at a high rate of speed (he has a reputation of doing that, with speeding tickets to back it up) and went out of control and hit a tree. The passenger was critically injured and has been in the hospital or rehab since and will evidently be there for the rest of his life because of a head injury.

The passenger was in the service though and what they are not telling you is that a large portion of his care has been picked up by you and I as taxpayers. Of course we are not allowed to know specifics but at one point on TV they mentioned his care at a VA hospital or something that let me know the government was paying for his care because he was on active duty at the time of the accident. I am not sure how long this would go on but I'll bet taxpayers have paid alot on this case.

It is very sad for both families that this happened. Two families will never be the same. The man that was injured was a good family friend so the Bolleas (Hogans) care about him alot. So that has to hurt emotionally and then the financial aspects of the lawsuit that was recently filed and the divorce. They may have alot more money than we all do but that has not insulated them from alot of heartache.

The information I have is from what I have heard on TV and the press plays it up whenever they can. The Bolleas were initially at the hospital alot and were taking care of the mom of the victim. But then lawyers got involved and I am not sure if they continue to or not. Liabilty issues you know have to supercede human compassion. It is a shame that any of this happened and it is a bigger shame that it had to turn into such a mess for both families.

No the accident did not happen on the ship. Nick, his son, was driving at a high rate of speed (he has a reputation of doing that, with speeding tickets to back it up) and went out of control and hit a tree. The passenger was critically injured and has been in the hospital or rehab since and will evidently be there for the rest of his life because of a head injury.

The passenger was in the service though and what they are not telling you is that a large portion of his care has been picked up by you and I as taxpayers. Of course we are not allowed to know specifics but at one point on TV they mentioned his care at a VA hospital or something that let me know the government was paying for his care because he was on active duty at the time of the accident. I am not sure how long this would go on but I'll bet taxpayers have paid alot on this case.

It is very sad for both families that this happened. Two families will never be the same. The man that was injured was a good family friend so the Bolleas (Hogans) care about him alot. So that has to hurt emotionally and then the financial aspects of the lawsuit that was recently filed and the divorce. They may have alot more money than we all do but that has not insulated them from alot of heartache.

The information I have is from what I have heard on TV and the press plays it up whenever they can. The Bolleas were initially at the hospital alot and were taking care of the mom of the victim. But then lawyers got involved and I am not sure if they continue to or not. Liabilty issues you know have to supercede human compassion. It is a shame that any of this happened and it is a bigger shame that it had to turn into such a mess for both families.

Thank you for the info. It just goes to show you that bad things happen to everyone, no matter how much $$$$ you have.

The reason for his divorce sure shows he isn't the "dad who doesn't make mistakes" like he acts on the show. I wouldn't be able to face my family again if I was him especially his daughter.

Pretty judgemental there pal. Judge not lest yee be judged!

Pretty judgemental there pal. Judge not lest yee be judged!

I really don't judge people I was just surprised by this considering he was always trying to be a good role model on the show. I mean it was his 19 year old daughter's best friend/assistant!

I really don't judge people I was just surprised by this considering he was always trying to be a good role model on the show. I mean it was his 19 year old daughter's best friend/assistant!

this would be this person.

**UPDATE** - Christiane speaks out about her affair with Hulk Hogan. See her statement here.

News of the affair is running rampant across the blogosphere, with numerous sites reporting that that the affair occurred last year while Hulk and his wife Linda were still living under the same roof. This is what prompted Linda to file for divorce.

The 33-year-old Plante had helped Brooke Hogan with her 2006 album and has recently admitted to The National Enquirer about the affair with 54-year-old Hogan:

“My relationship with Terry [Hulk Hogan] began at a time when Terry and Linda privately knew their marriage was ending. She had left him already, although no official papers had been filed. Terry is a good man, good father and a good friend, and he and I grew close at a time when he was going through a very difficult period. It seemed right then, but I know it was wrong.”

I just say that until you've lived in another man's shoes then make sure you are absolutely positive when you make statements.

This is the first I had heard anything about the reason for their divorce. If it is true that he had an affair,it is sad, and only the parties involved can know the truth. It could have happened to any one of us, I have known many quality people that have succumbed to the temptation.

The fact that he had an affair does not affect his parenting. It seemed on the show that he loved his kids and wanted the best for Brooke and was trying to help her be successful in following her dream, while trying to keep her out of trouble. Linda seemed to be the more indulgent parent. That said, I was always the more indulgent parent when my kids were growing up. They are grown now with children of their own and they understand many decisions we made in their lives now.

Lets not keep this going and bash the Hogan's/Bolleas. I agree that you shouldn't judge another, especially when you have not walked in their shoes.

Most people are just trying to make their way through this life the best they can. :)

My co-worker's husband is good friends with the victim's uncle and although he is still in a coma, they say he is aware of what's going on and they actually expect him to make a full recovery. Doctors can't give a timeframe but even after everything that happened, they are very optimistic.

I have to say I was somewhat surprised to see the lawsuit as I know the Hogans had been doing a lot for the family when the accident initially happened. Don't know if that situation has changed though.

Thank you for the info. It just goes to show you that bad things happen to everyone, no matter how much $$$$ you have.

What you've written is so true, money doesn't buy perfection. I hope the Hogan's friend makes a full recovery, it must be a nightmare for both families.

:eek: They showed different clips of him trying to layout and fans kept harrasing him for autograps and pictures. He seemed like he could not relax. He did looked like he had some fun on the Newlywed and not so newlywed game that they joined. I would be surprised if goes on another cruise, EVER.

No matter how "put out" they act by all the attention, has anyone seen the episode where they hire a make up team to disguise them and go to a theme park? Halfway through the day they're whining about having to wait in line "like everyone else" and the lack of the red-carpet treatment. The end up taking their costumes off and going back to bask in their "fame". :rolleyes:

As for his son, it's my understanding he was at fault, therefore all the consequences that come down the pike he earned.

And the divorce...the scoop in the news is that Hulk screwed around on his wife with one of his DAUGHTER'S friends. Gross....

We actually saw Hulk and Nick walking down the street in Miami when we were there. He was wearing hot pink bandana and tank top...not like he was trying to be inconspicuous or anything. :rolleyes:

I have had a few chance to meet Hulk Hogan at different events. He was always polite and nice to autograph hounds. At one event he and several others spent hours signing autographs for fans. He did finally ask if the hotel would clear the hotel bar. He did have women throwing themselves at him left and right. He was very polite in putting or should I say pulling them off. It was quite comical to watch.

One thing that gets me about some of the post is the he had an affair with his daughter's friend. Yeah, his daughter's 33 year old friend! It's not like she was a minor or even a young 20 something. This is a grown women!

I have had a few chance to meet Hulk Hogan at different events. He was always polite and nice to autograph hounds. At one event he and several others spent hours signing autographs for fans. He did finally ask if the hotel would clear the hotel bar. He did have women throwing themselves at him left and right. He was very polite in putting or should I say pulling them off. It was quite comical to watch.

One thing that gets me about some of the post is the he had an affair with his daughter's friend. Yeah, his daughter's 33 year old friend! It's not like she was a minor or even a young 20 something. This is a grown women!

I'm saying it's disgusting enough for a person to betray the trust of a spouse, let ALONE that of a child as he did, no matter how old they are.

Archived