Mariner or Freedom

If you had to pick between these two ships which would you choose & why? The itineraries are pretty much the same but the price on Mariner is a little less...would I be missing anything special if we chose Mariner over Freedom?

Thanks for the help!:D

I have not been on Freedom but have been on Mariner. Mariner is leaving for the west coast in May '09. Due to this only, I would recommend the Mariner for this year and go on Freedom next since it is probably more expensive to fly west as opposed to fly to Orlando.

Tim

Hard question due to the fact that the Marnier is going to the West Coast.

I have not been on the Marnier but I have friends who love this ship. If I come into some extra money before they leave I would go on her.

We loved the Freedom. I can not say one bad thing about the Freedom. Wonderful ship. Wonderful crew. Over all awesome.

Remember the Marnier is a smaller version of the Freedom. I use this analogy because my friend who likes this ship says it is a very similar set up and layout. You are going to have more people on the Freedom but you also have a few more entertainment venues.

I say the Mariner for now. If it's going to the west coast, you won't be able to try it with the Western Caribbean itinerary. The Mariner was our first cruise, it was beautiful! But it was only about 8 months old. :) We loved it. I say do Mariner now, Freedom later. The Freedom is bigger. You might not want to go on a big ship and then try the smaller ship. My DH is now hooked on the Freedom because of the FlowRider! That is one reason why we are going on the Freedom two years in a row!

Archived