What to see in GC with a rental car?

nitenurs2

As others have said, I'm pretty sure someone from Andy's will pick you up near the pier and take you to their office at 7MB if you make arrangements - but it is also easy to just hail a cab and ask them to take you there - I think it costs about $5pp, depending on the cab. Might be quicker, too.

I emailed Andy's and I believe it took about a week for them to respond. I ended up calling both Andy's and Avis. Avis actually ended up being $4 less than Andy's for a Jeep. Make sure ALL the costs are included in your quote. My email response only included the cost for the rental. My phone call included insurance, license, etc. I ended up booking with Avis, but both seem to be fine from all the posts I have read. Good luck!

It appears that Andy's is cheaper than Avis. Does Andy's pick you up close to the cruise ship tender, or is it within walking distance? Someone said that Avis "takes forever" to pick you up--is Andy's faster? We need something that will seat 7, and on their website it looks like they have several vehicles that will accommodate 7 passengers.

I just returned from a trip to GC and a Jeep rental from Andy's. They were great. The pick-up outside the pier was quick and convenient. The check-in process was quick and we were on the road in no-time. We got a Jeep Wrangler soft-top (and the folks at Andy's took the top down for us.) We headed straight to Tortuga Rum and then to Rum Point (very highly recommended) It took about 45 mins each way but well worth it - great scenery and the beach & facilities at Rum Point were wonderful. It helped to arrive there early, before the crowds arrived.

You'll be very happy with Andy's, I recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...
We pick our rentals up at their airport location, but they have another location on the 7MB area. I am sure they'll pick you up somewhere in the port area because it's too far to walk to either of their locations. I don't know if it will be a shuttle or not, but someone will come and get you. I'd email them and ask. I had a bunch of questions the first time we rented a car, and someone answered all my questions through email. They'll probably either meet you right in the port area, or have you meet them in front of a certain shop. It's a pretty small area, so you won't have a problem finding them.

The location on 7MB is next to Coconut Joe's and just up a tiny bit from the Marriott Beach Resort.

Do you pick the car up at the airport because you came by plane or because it's easier? I read on another site that they pick the car up at the airport to avoid all the town traffic and then the rental agency will drop them back near the cruise port.

Do you pick the car up at the airport because you came by plane or because it's easier? I read on another site that they pick the car up at the airport to avoid all the town traffic and then the rental agency will drop them back near the cruise port.

We pick up at the airport because we now fly to the island (a day in port is not nearly enough for us!). I think either way would be fine, both directions tend to get a little congested, but I'd say that the 7MB area tends to clog up more.

Archived