Diamond Lido cabin L205????

sunnydaze

We booked a guarantee BF balcony, and requested a port side.

I just checked the "captains Circle" and was surprised to see that they have already asigned us a cabin. We aren't cruising for 7 weeks, so I guess it could change yet??

They have up-graded us to the Lido deck - starboard side, way up front - in fact we are in cabin L205, which is directly under the treadmills in the gym.

I have been searching on here for hours, and don't like the idea of hearing thumping while I'm watching the news etc. It should be quiet at night at least tho.

Can I ask to change down a floor, where there are cabins above me - when I booked a guarantee?

Please give me your thoughts about this cabin -????

Thank you! I'm kinda in a panic worrying -

We had something similar happen on the CB and wound up with L230. We never noticed any noise from above and it was so convenient to just walk down the hall to the pool and food.

The problem with L205 is that it is really under the fitness room, not just under the massage rooms. Are the CB and the Diamond configured the same way?

We've got L212 for our 31 night Diamond cruise in September. After I looked at the deck plans, I said that if we couldn't get a BA balcony cabin on Caribe Deck then it had to be portside of Lido deck. I was lucky that there was still something available at all - since all that's left are insides.

To OP, it's always worth a try to call. Did you book directly with Princess? If not, call your TA and let her work on it.

Thanks for your replies -

And, tenerifeSharon - you are so right on!

L205 is right under the bloody treadmills!

Tons of posts saying it is a room fron hell - I have had a room like that before. Never again!

I had got myself so whipped up over this I almost wanted to cancel the whole thing. My TA is off today, and it is pretty much booked solid! I didn't think you could change a "guarantee catagory upgrade"

Anyways I phoned princess + calmly told him that I was worried, and he actually knew the cabin # - and said " Oh god!" HA! HA!

After some searching he double booked me ( HELD) caribe C727 Aft for me.

til my tA can change it tomorrow.

I also tend to feel sick from the motion - so this is much better!

They were so wonderful - and I am happy now - Please cross your fingers that nothing goes wrong til it is completed tomorrow.

Thanks again -

CONGRATULATIONS!

That's wonderful news -- now you can really look forward to enjoying your cruise:D. Please post again and let us know that your TA was able to get it all straightened out.

Our Diamond cruise in Sept. is our first Princess cruise, but I have learned so much on these boards that I knew what I needed to look for about getting the right cabin. And 32 days is too loooong to be in the wrong cabin!

Archived