Have I made a mistake?

cjgtigger

My husband and I are first time cruisers. We scheduled the Seatrek Snorkeling for Cococay but have recently purchased our own mask, snorkel and fins.

Because we have our own equipment now I cancelled th shore excursion. Have I made a mistake or are we going to be okay on our own?

What do you want to know? I did post a review under member reviews that might help. We really enjoyed SOS - she's older but well loved by her crew and it shows in how well she's maintained. Definately get to the Quest show/game (usually the last night - you'll understand why after you go;) ). Pizza is excellent (and open late for those late night munchies), don't miss Johnny Rockets (just for the show food is what you would get stateside). Room service was good (very quick too - at least at 1:30am:rolleyes: ). We had interior cabins that were on the small side but were adequate for two people easily. Breakfast is better in the Windjammer than the dining room and dinner is better in the dining room than the Windjammer. Anything else, just ask:D Also, enjoy your trip:D

Thanks for the advice.

We are very excited to go. A Cruise is very foreign to us. We could tell you anything you wanted to know about Disney but haven't a clue on cruises.

I have really enjoyed reading all of the posts on cruisecritic.

Again thanks for the advice. Do you have the link to your review?

are they taking you on a snorkel trip via boat?.. there is snorkeling right off the beach at coco cay.. in fact there is a sunken plane, that was used as a prop for a movie.. the best snorkeling is towards the breakwater..

Call your TA or RCCL customer service and get the number for special needs. Make sure you noise it around when you get on board and sit down for your first meal. As you can see from my review, you will have to be diligent and your own best advocate. I do know that if they know in advance they will make your food in a separate area of the kitchen reserved for allergies. Don't delay:)

Archived