Anyone on Oceana in Antigua last week?

BrynnP

My hubby and I were on the Norwegian Jewel, docked in Antigua last Tuesday the 18th.

As we left port, there were crowds of people on the back of the Oceana waving flags and singing. When the song ended, I could hear a voice on a loudspeaker telling everyone to give the Jewel a send off cheer. Everyone hollered and waved. It was SO cool!!!

Is there anyone who was on the ship last week? What were you singing? Is this done at every port?

Yes, I was there, we had a deck party for the 'great British sail-away'

The reason the music stopped rather suddenly was due to a receptionist's PA double checking that certain passengers were back on-board.

We had a laugh at the royal caribbean ship which was docked along-side us too!

edit, there was numerous songs. I purchased the DVD from P&O so I'll take a look at it to see what the songs were

Nope, we weren't there but we were on the Oceana on the Caribbean cruise Feb 1st to 15th, and I have footage of the Arcadia being given a good send off. I will upload it to YouTube and post the link. :)

Nope, we weren't there but we were on the Oceana on the Caribbean cruise Feb 1st to 15th, and I have footage of the Arcadia being given a good send off. I will upload it to YouTube and post the link. :)

Here you go:

:)

What fabulous creatures, what sort of boat were you on?

Sorry not to have got back to you sooner. The boat was a smallish motor boat (we could have gone on a catamaran trip but it was fully booked) and people were sitting in the main compartment and also above, some people were a bit sick. It was a ship excursion (the Oceana) and I think the captain was called Mike. He and his 'brother' were very jolly and he was as excited as we were when the dolphins actually arrived. To get the best view you have to be right up the front as the dolphins like to catch the bow wave, so you have to be fairly mobile.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Oceana 1st - 15th February when Arcadia was docked by her side. The Great British Sailaway was brilliant, and so emotional, especially when 'Rule Britannia' was being sang:D

Here's a couple of aerial views of the ships docked side by side at St Johns on Sunday 3rd February 2008

CaribbeanCruiseonOceanaFeb08056.jpg

CaribbeanCruiseonOceanaFeb08067.jpg

Archived