Recommendations for a hotel for a family of 4 in London

sunapee

We are looking for a hotel for the 4 of us...hubbie, 16 yr old and 13 yr old in London for 2 nights in July. Does anyone have any recommendations ? I have searched for quads and they are hard to find and then when I read about the hotel, they don't seem to be great. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

We are looking for a hotel for the 4 of us...hubbie, 16 yr old and 13 yr old in London for 2 nights in July.

The Holiday Inn (across the street from the Holiday Inn Forum) on 100 Cromwell Road has rooms that will accommodate 4.

We are looking for a hotel for the 4 of us...hubbie, 16 yr old and 13 yr old in London for 2 nights in July. Does anyone have any recommendations ? I have searched for quads and they are hard to find and then when I read about the hotel, they don't seem to be great. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Many of the Marriott-related properties hold 4 in a single room. Not really the cheapest option though.

Your budget is obviously a big consideration and also what kind of beds and room you require for your kids.

Probably the biggest bargain is to go into the Travelodge UK site and do a search on their 'saver rates' link - you may be lucky and get two twin rooms for 50 GBP ($100) or less. They have half a dozen sites in the central area.

Travelodge also do family rooms but the kids are expected to use sofa beds.

Otherwise the going rate for a quad bed and breakfast hotel is about 100-120 GBP with breakfast. Kings Cross is probably the best district for these, the California Hotel is fine but one of many.

Just along the road is the Jurys Inn Islington a good 3 star.

Other quite good independent 2/3 star hotels with quads include the London Guards hotel at Lancaster Gate, Stylotel at Paddington, Ariofsa in Bloomsbury and Amsterdam Hotel in Kensington.

End of July is when the UK schools break up so is the busiest time of the year for family rooms in London. Its a good time to check out the 4 star chain hotels for offers as the business market dries up at this time.

Go to the Holiday Inn, Hilton, Thistle and Marriott sites and do a search. The Marriott especially does special deals for kids, though the best offers don't come up until about late June .

Likely hotels are Hilton Metropole, Holiday Inn Kensington and Marriott Maida Vale. The Holiday Inn Kensington has nice duplex rooms with a spiral staircase going up to the master bedroom and the kids sleep in the lounge.

Hi! Not sure what the current rates are, but we booked a room for 4 in the Park Plaza County Hall for 130 GBP for a weekend (during the week is more expensive). I booked this before the hotel opened last month. It's a dual room set up, with a bedroom and a small living room with convertible couch and efficiency kitchen. Breakfast not included. It's been getting fairly good reviews - the only negatives seem to be what most are referring to as "teething" problems, which I hope will be resolved by the summer. You can't beat the location - right across the Thames from Big Ben and a couple of minutes walk to Waterloo station.

Whatever you end up with - enjoy your time in London!:)

Has anyone used Wembly Plaza (Hilton)? Is it near any transportation system? How is the area? It looks good on the internet, just not sure about the area. Is it easy to explore from there to London attractions?

Has anyone used Wembly Plaza (Hilton)? Is it near any transportation system? How is the area? It looks good on the internet, just not sure about the area. Is it easy to explore from there to London attractions?

The Hilton Wembley Plaza is adjacent to Wembley Stadium (the national soccer stadium of England).

Its a fair way out, would probably take about 30-45 minutes to walk to the Underground and get to most places in the centre visitors want to see.

The hotel is fine in a bland, chain kind of way and is not isolated with shops all around.

The Holiday Inn (across the street from the Holiday Inn Forum) on 100 Cromwell Road has rooms that will accommodate 4.

Officially called Holiday Inn London-Kensington: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/lonke .

We booked a duplex suite, which features a spiral staircase up to a loft bedroom. Reasonable rates (including AAA discount) when booking via the chain's official site.

It's not an easy task finding "quad" accommodations in Europe...

We ran into that when we stayed 8 nights post-cruise after a Baltic cruise in 2001 with our then-15 and 17 year old daughters...

We found Holiday Inns most able to accommodate us...In Bath, we found a great B&B with a large quad "en suite" (means you have your own bathroom, not a shared one down the hall!)...

In London, we ended up booking the Best Western Paddington Court--since they claimed to have quads and gave us a good rate...and the hotel was billed as a 3 or 4 star, depending on who you believed...

Well, we hated the hotel...The room accommodated four, but was extremely crowded...and the hotel LACKED AIR CONDITIONING...and it was extremely hot in August...

If we were to do that again, we would justy bite the bullt and book two rooms...to us, it's worth whatever extra cost--and it opens up the possibilities...

BTW, I noted another poster in this thread booked the Park Plaza County Hall...So did we for our post cruise August 2-4 for three days...(Saturday, Sunday, Monday)...we got it on an Auto Club rate for 85.50 GBP per night!!! I just checked and that rate is still available...

Archived