Transfers from and to FLL

Tutone56

Hi all - what is the best way to get to and from the docks if we are flying in and out of FLL? Also, if we have a 1:20pm flight out of FLL do you think that we would have enough time to get to the airport after disembarking? Thanks

Hi all - what is the best way to get to and from the docks if we are flying in and out of FLL? Also, if we have a 1:20pm flight out of FLL do you think that we would have enough time to get to the airport after disembarking? Thanks

I recall from a much earlier post that limo/cab/bus service is about $30 pp each way. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

We're flying into FLL and renting a car; it'll be about fifty bucks with tax. Most of the major Car Rental companies serve the Port of Miami.

Regardless of what you decide, you shouldn't have any problems making your return flight.

what time you flying into fort lauderdale? we are coming in at 10:30 am Friday. we have arranged a shuttle to port of miami around from FLL when we land (around 11 am) I've negotiated $25 per person for us two. If interested you can go with us for the same! If this time is not good for you call George @ 866-834-2215 or 954-254-3087 and tell him you saw his internet ad for $25! E-mail me back ok? good-luck!

Is it the port of Miami or Port Everglades that you are talking about?

Port Everglades is located minutes away from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport, and a taxi is the most convenient means of transport.

If you are talking about the Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale Airport you now have an entirely different situation

what time you flying into fort lauderdale? we are coming in at 10:30 am Friday. we have arranged a shuttle to port of miami around from FLL when we land (around 11 am) I've negotiated $25 per person for us two. If interested you can go with us for the same! If this time is not good for you call George @ 866-834-2215 or 954-254-3087 and tell him you saw his internet ad for $25! E-mail me back ok? good-luck!

We do not have any set plans yet. I am trying to decide whether it would be more cost effective etc. to fly into FLL rather than MIA.

The car rental sounds like a good idea. Their will be 5 of us. I am planning on coming in the night before the cruise. Thanks

Just got back today. We used Go Shuttle from FLL to our Miami hotel - $18/pp worked very well if you don't mind going a couple of other places for others to be dropped off. We ended up using NCL's transfers back to FLL - I would do it again in a heartbeat. The cost was $20/pp. There were 2 times that you could choose to disembark with transfers, an earlier time for flights before 3:00 and a later time for after that. Our flight was at 4:20 so our time to leave the ship was 9:15, we were at the airport well before 11:00 and had to wait forever to even check in. The place was crazy!! With your flight time, it should work out perfectly to go with the earlier disembarkation and be at the aiport with plenty of time to spare.

We caught a 10:30am flight out of FLL after being on the Dawn. There were three of us. We decided a cab would get us there the fastest. It was the right choice just for time. We had VIP disembarkation...so we were the first off after the walk off passengers. We got to FLL at 9:30am. It cost us about $70. I figured we'd be paying about $20 per person anyway using NCL transfers or a shuttle. So for the convenience, it was worth it for us.

Just got back today. We used Go Shuttle from FLL to our Miami hotel - $18/pp worked very well if you don't mind going a couple of other places for others to be dropped off. We ended up using NCL's transfers back to FLL - I would do it again in a heartbeat. The cost was $20/pp. There were 2 times that you could choose to disembark with transfers, an earlier time for flights before 3:00 and a later time for after that. Our flight was at 4:20 so our time to leave the ship was 9:15, we were at the airport well before 11:00 and had to wait forever to even check in. The place was crazy!! With your flight time, it should work out perfectly to go with the earlier disembarkation and be at the aiport with plenty of time to spare.

Could you/did you use the BAGS program?

shuggy....we are flying from louisville ky at 7am thru Tampa and to FLL. Looked and looked for info on prices to Port of Miami and found link thru

Tripvisor for $25 per. was told if we had 10-12 people it would cost $18 per,

but this was the best i could find for 2 peps.

We just got back from the Pearl 9 day. I would go with the 9 day, the 2 additional nights were great. I totally relaxed. We flew into FLL 2 days early and rented a card with Hertz. We returned it to a location right near the Port of Miami that had a free shuttle to the port. On the return we had a 12:55pm flight out so could not take the NCL transportation or use the BAGS program. I believe your flight had to be after 2pm or 3pm to take part in those programs. We did the walk off and took a taxi to FLL. We walked off at 8:40am and were at FLL by 10am. It was a breeze. There were 3 of us and they charged us $70 for the taxi.

Archived