Help W/cabins At Hump On Radiance

roe2ship

On the Radiance of the Seas, the category E1 cabins on deck 7 & 8 (midship by elevator) there are cabins that appear to have a larger balcony that are triple occupancies. These are 7108, 7094, 8102, and 8088. Have a few questions for those who have stayed at any one of these cabins, please.

1) What is the appx. size of the balcony? Totally private?

2) Does the sofa bed open for the third person?

3) Is the wind blocked somewhat here or is it worse?

4) Is it quiet being it is right next to the elevators?

5) Are the cateogory M inside cabins, real close? Is the front door to these cabins across the hall?

Thank you!!

We had room 8102 on the Serenade and we absolutely loved it. When we got to the port we asked about an upgrade and they showed us a bigger balcony room and we chose to take 8102 instead just because of the balcony. It was very large. My dad guessed 10 ft is the shortest section and 15 ft for the longest area right near the elevators. We had 4 chairs and a table. Could have gotten a lounge chair but our room attendant didn't understand and when we had 4 chairs we said that was good enough since we were crossing the atlantic and probably would be lounging out there anyway. It did block the wind which is the only reason we sat out there since it wasn't very warm. It is so convenient to the elevators and we never were disturbed from the centrum noise. As far as privacy it was completely private from the shortest part back towards the room. The part that bows out toward the elevator was exposed to everyone along the side of the ship but there was so much space that was private it was never a problem. The divider on the Serenade was that frosted glass though but I could never see our neighbors. We had a sofa bed for a third person and a pullman for the fourth. With all the beds open at night it got pretty croweded but it was only to sleep and the balcony more than made up for it. I don't remember where the insides started, but I don't remember any being right across. We were so close to the elevators we never ventured farther down. Hope this helps and I would take that room in a second if it was available again.

Rebecca

Rebecca, thanks. Glad to hear not much wind on there. So is it the side that is longer (apprx. 15) where if you stand by there you can be seen from the side of the ship? I thought of something else......the cabins that I listed, is deck 8 suppose to be better for viewing straight down into the water at the railing than deck 7 because of an overhang from the lifeboats? Thanks

It is the part that sticks out appr. 15ft that the people on the side of the ship can see. Up to ten feet no one can see in. I think we stuck out so much we were past the lifeboat overhang. I remember a clear shot down to the ocean but I could be mistaken. I don't think deck 7 would have much of an obstruction in that location either but from the pictures it looks like deck 8 might have a very slightly larger balcony.

Rebecca

I stayed in 7108 and loved it. Right next to the elevators but no noise, behind the elevator so it blocked the wind. We had 4 chairs and a table, plenty of room. I would say it was about 12 feet deep on the elevator side and 10 feet deep on the stern side and maybe 10 feet wide. It's pretty privatr, though i suppose your next door neighbot could look around the partition. You could look straight down on it tho the life boat cover did come across some of it.

We were in 8088 in April. Balcony was way bigger than others and very private. Sofa could be made into a bed, but our son prefers the bunk over our bed. No noise from the elevators because they aren't actually as close as they appear in the brochure.

Archived