Highpockets Daysail

drewdie

We are considering a private day sail with Highpockets- they were recommended by Rumbaba who is booked for the day. Has anyone ever sailed with Highpockets? Any feedback would be great!

We sailed with Captain Kathleen on HighPockets a couple of years ago and loved it! She's very interesting, and was fun to talk to. We had a wonderful day sailing, had a couple of very good snorkeling stops, and a luscious lunch. Capt. Kathleen is an RN (good for safety :D ) and a gourmet cook who grows her own herbs, and uses them for the lunches she prepares for on board. There was a couple on our daysail celebrating their anniversary and she surprised them with champagne and special decorations. It was very cute.

I'd sail with her again in a heartbeat!

We are considering a private day sail with Highpockets- they were recommended by Rumbaba who is booked for the day. Has anyone ever sailed with Highpockets? Any feedback would be great!

Bryan and I will be sailing with Kathleen on April 16th. We've heard glowing reviews on this sail. When are you cruising?

Mohegan

Hi,

We booked her for our cruise in May. We are on the Triumph Memorial Day week and booked High Pockets for that Tuesday that we are in port. I can report back after if you would like. When is your cruise?

Laurie

We sailed with Kathleen and Karen last Wednesday, March 26 and it was the highlight of our cruise! It was 5 of us, DH, DD, SIL, and DS (who Kathleen thought was going to be about 10, but he is 28!!) Kathleen had her taxi couple meet us at the dock and picked us back up after the sail - that was very convenient and probably the safest taxi I have ever been in on St. Thomas.

We sailed out to the Caneel Bay area and just stayed there - the scenery, water and drinks were absolutely too awesome, that we didn't really want to go anywhere else.

Kathleen is soooo informative about the islands, and her lunch was out of this world - drinks flowed all day, and we just hated to return to the ship after that.

High Pockets was a great vessel and we highly recommend the daysail to anyone. If we get back to St. Thomas, and intend to, Kathleen will be the first person we will contact - our daysail was a memorable experience - http://www.sailhighpockets.com.

This was, by far, the best thing we have ever done in St. Thomas! If you have a trip planned with Kathleen - have a great time and tell her that Peggy, John, Melissa, Brad and little Brian send her our best!!

Peggy

Just wanted to reconfirm that sailing with Kathleen and Karen on HighPockets is an amazing experience. We sailed with them March 7th (6 adults) and it was the highlight of our AOS cruise. As the previous poster stated, the lunch was excellent and the drinks flowed continually. We are planning on booking with HighPockets next March when we return to St. Thomas!

Have a great sail!

Kim:)

My dh and I are traveling alone and do not care if we have to share the cat with others. Does Kathleen put couples together with other couples interested in the same sail, or do you have to have a group ahead of time? I do not think we could afford to charter the cat ourselves!

My dh and I are traveling alone and do not care if we have to share the cat with others. Does Kathleen put couples together with other couples interested in the same sail, or do you have to have a group ahead of time? I do not think we could afford to charter the cat ourselves!

You don't have to have an entire party put together - if you don't specify you want en exlusive charter (for which you'd pay a higher fee), she will include up to 4 more sailors with you. Our family of three ended up with a couple vacationing on St. Thomas, celebrating their anniversary. If she doesn't fill the boat, you still pay only the $125 (or the discounted rate if you pay cash that day), you aren't liable for the unfilled spots.

By the way - it's not a catamaran. It's a single hull, far more fun than a cat! (You can't heel a cat, they'll turn turtle on you :D )

Hi - we were on the Valor on 3/26 and docked, not tendered. I'm not sure there is any more tendering as they have 2 docks available now - there were 5 ships in port that day.

Peggy

Archived