Wedding Planning Questions

Chip and Dale

Hi

DS and his Fiancee are looking at booking the NCL Dawn for their wedding May 2009. Has anyone had a wedding with NCL? We have not cruised NCL before (Princess once and RCI 3 times) and this would be the very first cruise for many of those attending the wedding.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone who has either done a wedding with this line, cruised to Bermuda out of NY or anyone who has any suggestions as to how to go about the whole cruise wedding thing could offer assistance, comments or suggestions.

Thanks so much in advance!

Dee

the wedding experience is who runs the weddings on ncl. They are not inexpensive, another route would be to bring your own minister or jp and get married privately on your balcony for a fraction of the cost. If you are going to do a wedding with a lot of cabins I would go for a group rate so at least you get the perks and the free berth or two

There was a wedding taking place on our last cruise. They apparently married prior to setting sail and then bride and groom and wedding party were celebrating on deck, by the pool, still in wedding dress and tux, bridesmaids dresses, etc. I have to say, honestly, it was not at all impressive. The flowers and such were just okay. It wasn't romantic at all. It came off as just a bunch of strangers gawking at them.This is just my opinion however, and if the kids have their hearts set on it; I would just do alot of homework. Congratulations and best wishes!:)

My DD was married on a cruiseship and it was absolutely wonderful. The wedding coordinator took care of everything. She paid extra for the photographer to take photos in different settings on the ship. The Miami skyline was fantastic.

We had tables set aside in the main dining room for our group of 30. It was so much fun. The bride changed out of her dress during the evening and wore white capri pants but kept her veil on. They were the toast of each venue they attended that evening. It was like having 2,000+ people at your wedding (but we didnt' have to pay).

My DD chose to marry while in port in Miami because some of the guests were not able to sail with us. Those who did not take the cruise simply got off the ship when it was announced for all people not sailing to depart the ship.

Their photo album is the nicest I've ever seen. A ship is so lovely for a backdrop in all the photos, but the color of the Miami water is even more beautiful.

The ship package includes a JP to perform the ceremony but you have the option of hiring your own minister. Princess is the only cruiseline that uses the Captain to perform weddings. The cruiselines do have options of being married on different ports of call. Many people are married during the stops in St. Thomas and St. Marten. Whether you are married in Miami or any island, you simply bring your marriage certificate home to have it recorded in your hometown records.

Archived