Voyager Review: 3/23-3/30

Hey, Andrea, I love the pics! Did you do a ship tour that took you to Nachi or go on your own to Nachi and then did the snorkeling with one of the guys from Nachi?

Nachi Cocom is my favorite beach and I am planning on going there on my own again but using one of the guys there to take us snorkeling.

Where did they take you to snorkel in Coz?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Patti

I have only one regret though...I wanted to report to him how awful our cabin steward Garry was' date=' but DH kept touching me under the table so that I wouldn't give him the guys name. He was the absolute worst cabin steward that I have ever experienced. He was never to be found and on two port days, we returned from port in the afternoon and our cabin was still untidied!!! DH called on one of those days and Garry told him that he was off duty and would send someone else later to tidy up, can you believe that??? He wasn't even around in the halls on Saturday for us to give him the envelope with his tip (even though it was just the prepaid receipt) and we didn't see him on the morning of disembarkation either. So we just left the envelope in the cabin. I felt cheated out of a special service, especially since we were always seeing other cabin stewards in the halls, just not Garry. Should I try to contact the hotel director to let him know of our disappointment, or should I just let it go like DH said???[/quote']

Sorry you had an unsatisfactory cabin steward. I would have contacted the hotel director at the beginning. On another cruise with 2 other couples, our friends in the next cabin had some problems getting something done and contacted the hotel director on embarkation day. The hotel director came to their cabin with the cabin steward and things got done. The rest of the cruise went well with no more problems. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating being demanding or whiny or unreasonable. However, I do think you need to take prompt action to nip things in the bud once a reasonable time has passed without an appropriate response. But, that is JMHO.

Sorry you had an unsatisfactory cabin steward. I would have contacted the hotel director at the beginning. On another cruise with 2 other couples, our friends in the next cabin had some problems getting something done and contacted the hotel director on embarkation day. The hotel director came to their cabin with the cabin steward and things got done. The rest of the cruise went well with no more problems. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating being demanding or whiny or unreasonable. However, I do think you need to take prompt action to nip things in the bud once a reasonable time has passed without an appropriate response. But, that is JMHO.[/QUO

So how do I contact him now??? :confused: Anyone have an email address???

Ryffian

Your pictures of you snorkeling trip are wonderful. Do you mind if I ask what kind of camera did you use?

I have an Olympus Stylus 770 SW. I did do some color correction in Photoshop Elements after the fact to better recapture truer colors ... the original photos were really blue! I love my camera ... takes good dry photos too!

Hey, Andrea, I love the pics! Did you do a ship tour that took you to Nachi or go on your own to Nachi and then did the snorkeling with one of the guys from Nachi?

Where did they take you to snorkel in Coz?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Patti

Booked Nachi Cocum online through Island Marketing (http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm) ahead of time. I went snorkeling right there at Nachi, $35US. They took us out on their little boat "up-current" a while, and then we got out of the boat and snorkeled along the reef, drifting with the current back closer to Nachi. The boat followed us and then took us back to shore. I have no idea if they took us to a particular section of reef that has a name. :o

Archived