Late October

Papasaurus

You need to google weather forecasts. Unless someone on this board is a meteorologist and/or can save you the search and do it for you, nobody can tell you what the chances are for hurricanes this year based on previous experience. The end of Hurricane Season is October 31st but that doesn't mean you can't have one after.

Donna

Does any one have any information on probability of encountering hurricanes in late October on a Western Car. Cruise our of Miami? I am sure some of you have cruised these date and any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

My crystal ball says....

You might. You might not.

Does any one have any information on probability of encountering hurricanes in late October on a Western Car. Cruise our of Miami? I am sure some of you have cruised these date and any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

It's in hurricane season, but your probability of encountering a hurricane is nil. Carnival hasn't been in business this long without having learned to stay out of the storm's path.

The probability of the ports on your itinerary getting hit by a hurricane is higher. They cant move out of the way if a storm is coming :P

Hurricane's happen. You are choosing to sail in hurricane season. Just keep in mind that hurricanes are not a frequent event, so the possibility of one affecting your sailing is still fairly minimal.

Will there be rain? That's more probable than anything else.

Also, if the waters are rough when you go to to tender, chances are they will do a "Fun Day at Sea" instead of tendering that port.

You need to google weather forecasts. Unless someone on this board is a meteorologist and/or can save you the search and do it for you, nobody can tell you what the chances are for hurricanes this year based on previous experience. The end of Hurricane Season is October 31st but that doesn't mean you can't have one after.

Donna

Hurricane season actually doesn't end until November 30 :)

OP, we always cruise in October, and have cruised several times at the end of October. We ran into a tropical storm one year, 2005, but that was a very active season. It rained A LOT!!! But we had a fabulous time, and it hasn't stopped us from cruising during October as you can see :p

We almost always cruise during hurricane season, and have only one time had an issue. The captain re-arranged our ports of call to avoid the storm. We ended up going to a port that wasn't on our original itinerary (Antigua) and canceled 2 of our ports, but we actually enjoyed that more since we'd never been to Antigua and we typically like the sea days better. We did not have any trouble with weather because the captain kept us far far away from the storm! And they gave us free drinks a couple days to make up for the inconvenience. The only "bad" thing is that our cruise was extended from 7 days to 9 because the storm was in Miami and we couldn't get back home. Luckily this was over Labor Day weekend, so it didn't even require us to lose any days of work, and the airlines changed our flights with no charge because of the storms.

It was on RCI, not Carnival, but I would assume Carnival would do things very similar.

Hurricane season is June 1st thru Nov 30th as stated before.

Peak is end Aug and begining of Sept.

Last May we hit an early tropical depression off the Fl coast.

It's hit and miss.

Daughter cruises every early Oct and has not had more than just rain.

Ah, I stand corrected. I wonder if I got that October 31 thing from the "rainy season" report for Cozumel or something..lol. I distinctly remember something unpleasant ended the end of October :D ! We're going on our third October cruise to Cozumel. First year the weather was absotively gloriously perfect. Last year, not so much! The day in Coz the beaches were closed due to rough water (still sunshine, though...a nice day!) but the next day at sea was very cold and rainy. So, we had to stay in the hot tubs and increase our beverage intake. A good day, if a little wet, as well!

Donna

I was in Cancun a week before Wilma hit.....I was sooooo happy that we got out of there when we did. I had friends who were in Cancun and were stuck there in a shelter for days.....they said it was awful!

We weren't on a cruise but at a resort..and it rained for 5 out of the 7 days we were there, but we still had a great time.....but I felt so bad for the others that were there when Wilma hit...

I can't even imagine what it would be like.....Wilma, Katrina...I just know I won't sail during that time of year, although a hurricane can hit anytime not just June through November...

Archived