Ft Lauderdale Pier times

noleman92

Hello,

I've been reading this board for some time but never posted. I am leaving on the Emerald this Friday, April 4th and was wondering what time are most passengers arriving at the pier these days. I've left from Port Everglades in the past and remember arriving fairly early (10:30 ish?) but what's the current thought?

Thanks,

Cliff

Hello,

I've been reading this board for some time but never posted. I am leaving on the Emerald this Friday, April 4th and was wondering what time are most passengers arriving at the pier these days. I've left from Port Everglades in the past and remember arriving fairly early (10:30 ish?) but what's the current thought?

Thanks,

Cliff

Hi cliff,

We'll be on the same sailing with you! We also have a roll call going

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=425873

if you care to meet up with us after muster drill at the bar

near the aft pool on deck 14/15 -- also, we have a meeting scheduled

at Skywalker's on Satur, April 5th, at 1:00 p.m.

Anyway, it sounds as if embarkation usually begins around 11:30 or 11:45,

with the first people getting on around 12:00. But check-in time could

start as late as 1:00 p.m. if there are any snafus ---

We plan on arriving around 1:30 or 2:00 p.m.

10:30 sounds too early to arrive as I've read that some arriving that

early end up standinig outside in the sun waiting to get let in the building,

so maybe others can elaborate on this.

Last year, we left from Port Everglades and actually arrived there @11:00. We deposited our luggage and walked into the terminal and checked in w/ no lines. We waited for the other couple we were traveling w/ and boarded by noon. More time to tour the ship, make spa & speciality dining reservation, and then lunch.

Enjoy your cuise!

We sailed from Port Everglades in January this year and they started check-in shortly after 11:30 AM. Unless you have priorty boarding then you were checked in by group in order you arrived at the terminal. As you arrived they gave cards to you with a number on it. You then went through security and waited inside until your group number was called. We arrived before 11:00 AM and no one was waiting outside except for the smokers.

We are on the same cruise! :)

We normally arrive at the pier between 10:30 and 11:00 and are usually on board by noon. It is day one of the cruise so we always try to take advantage of as much of the day as possible. Plus, we usually have to be out of the hotel we stay at the night before by 11 anyways;)

I can't wait to see the Emerald!

Hi,

I agree with "ck" You can get there just after 11 and still have no lineups, regardless whether you have Elite/Platinum boarding privileges. We were on by just after noon and settled in our stateroom, met our cabin steward and in the Horizon Buffet by 1pm.

so...yes it can be done...dockside by 1115 should do you well, so...

Ciao for now!!!

Our hotel check-out time is noon, but I don't want to go

over there and deal with the crowds. I don't want to be there at 11 and

have to wait an hour either. we're platinum/elite, but I'm wondering how many

others will be plats/elites?? If we arrive by 11;15 that means getting

up earlier and a non-leisurely breakfast. I just feel like rushing to

get there is pointless:eek: since we'll be on that behemoth for 10 days

anyway.

Quattrocat (4cats),

Oh yes 10 strenuous days onboard the big boat. Look at it in a positive vane, one minute on the ship certainly beats the hell out of a day at the office!!! True?

Go early, enjoy the ship, have a nice lunch onboard, and most importantly, you're going for the cruise not a lazy breakfast in a hotel.

Ciao for now!!!

Quattrocat (4cats),

Oh yes 10 strenuous days onboard the big boat. Look at it in a positive vane, one minute on the ship certainly beats the hell out of a day at the office!!! True?

Go early, enjoy the ship, have a nice lunch onboard, and most importantly, you're going for the cruise not a lazy breakfast in a hotel.

Ciao for now!!!

LOL!:D

now that you put it THAT way -- woo-hoooooooo, it's PARTY TIME

Our flight arrived at around 10 - we got our luggage, took taxi's to the port and were there probably 10:30ish - we did wait a bit outside the terminal, but were in our cabin by a little past 11. This on a FULL ship - CB for the week after Easter!

Archived