Suitcase Size

PictureMom

I'm trying hard to limit what I bring...but with that said we are a family of four and have a fair amount of stuff to bring. We have one of those big suitcases...I think it's like 28inches. Is that going to be too big. Will I be able to fit it under the bed or will there be anywhere else to keep it during the cruise? This is our first cruise so I'm not sure what to expect in the way of storage in our room. I'd hate to bring that huge suitcase and then wish once I got there that I hadn't.

Can anyone give me advice? :)

I'm trying hard to limit what I bring...but with that said we are a family of four and have a fair amount of stuff to bring. We have one of those big suitcases...I think it's like 28inches. Is that going to be too big. Will I be able to fit it under the bed or will there be anywhere else to keep it during the cruise? This is our first cruise so I'm not sure what to expect in the way of storage in our room. I'd hate to bring that huge suitcase and then wish once I got there that I hadn't.

Can anyone give me advice? :)

There is no limit to what size and how many you can bring on a cruise how ever with that said the Airlines might get you for extra money if you fly...So if you are flying stick to there rules.....and you should be safe.....as far as storage of the suitcase there will be plenty of room under your beds to get your luggage out of the way....

Depending on who you are flying you are allowed 1 or 2 pieces of checked luggage per person without incurring additional fees. The other way to incur additional fees is when your luggage is over the 50 pound weight limit. In my experience any time you FILL a 28 inch suitcase it is going to weigh more than 50lbs.

The suitcase should fit under your bed, but I would definitely suggest looking into a few smaller bags for the heavy stuff (shoes, toiletries etc..) to check as well.

Thanks for all the advice! I think I'll put everything in and weigh my suitcases. Might have to make a run to Target to get some smaller suitcases. It is easy to go over 50 lbs. with a 28 inch suitcase. I know what you mean! The more space the more you cram in! Glad to know it will fit under the bed if I do decide to use it.

We leave next week Wednesday! I can't wait!!! :D

Thanks for all the advice! I think I'll put everything in and weigh my suitcases. Might have to make a run to Target to get some smaller suitcases. It is easy to go over 50 lbs. with a 28 inch suitcase. I know what you mean! The more space the more you cram in! Glad to know it will fit under the bed if I do decide to use it.

Again.....check the rules for the airline on which you are flying. In the last few weeks several of the major airlines all announced that you can only check 1 bag, not to exceed 50 pounds and 62 linear inches (width + height + depth), without incurring additional expense. Only 1 small carry on bag plus 1 personal item may be taken inside the cabin. And those additional fees can be hefty.....1 extra checked bag that does not exceed the size limits will cost you an additional $25 each way. The oversize and overweight limits, depending on various combinations, can reach up to $200......and that's if you only check 1 bag that does not meet the required weight/size.

I'd suggest that when you go to Target, save the $$ you'd spend on suitcases and spent about $10 on a luggage scale. It'll come in handy for your trip home.

Archived