Help with celebrity mediterrain cruise

sallydh

Second time cruiser. We are booked for a 14 day celebrity summit east med. cruise for October 18th. Has anyone done this one.

need help with:

selecting cabin, presently booked for Cat. 2A cabin no. 9012.

Shore trips for Rome,Venice, Kusadesi, Naples, Nice, Barcelona and Florence

what is a best time of year to book this trip ( for best deal)

We took our cruise second week of October. The prices were dramatically cheaper than mid-summer, there were few children, and the weather was PERFECT! The cruise after ours was closed to a $1000 cheaper, but many of the restaurants and places we went said that they were closing a day or so after we left...so that cheaper cruise might have less "tourist" ammenities available. For example, in Capri, we hiked out to this amazing restaurant. After we were seated he told us that it was the last day of the season for them.

We did every port on our own, except in Athens, where we hired a driver. We loved the freedom and saw everything we wanted to see. It was VERY easy. Our itinerary went to Istanbul instead of Kusadasi and was 14 nights.

You are welcome to check out my photos at http://gallery.mac.com/dkuhnau

I highly recommend getting a hotel in Rome if you overnight there. It made the stay there so much more enjoyable.

You will get better info about the shore trips and time of year on the Europe boards (Medit.). That is where I went to get all my shore trip information, and there is a ton of it!

Hi there, what are the Europe Boards/where do I find them?

Just look at the map and follow the itinerary. You can see which side faces what land as you are cruising. You will see different land masses on different sides. I wouldn't say one side is better than the other.

Archived