Solstice Aft Cabin

ionsys

we have an ''deluxe ocean view with veranda" on skydeck

looks to be about 70 cabins in front of it -and 25 cabins behind to get to the back of ship

can someone tell me why folks prefer 'aft' (back) cabins rather than ones nearer the front (assuming all the same size of balcony?---eg are the aft cabins less motion sensitive suggesting less seasickness risk on the balcony? etc etc

also, ours is on the side facing the port when ship is docked--is that preferable to being on the other side facing away from the port?

haven't been on a cruise in 30yrs

The aft balconies that have a view of the wake are among faves. Mid ship is prefered with those who perhaps have a delicate sea stomach. I for one have been all over the place and I am booked on the solstice aft but in the Aqua class. I go by what is over me and mid ship and in Aqua mid ship had the swimming pool above. By going more aft I have cabins over me.

I take aft whenever I can.I love the wake and being able to see both sides.

Thanks for the info ... just one question ... do you prefer being down close to the water or up higher on the ship?

Thanks for the info ... just one question ... do you prefer being down close to the water or up higher on the ship?

With the M-Class ships, all the Aft cabins were on Decks 7, 8 & 9. I don't think being up higher or lower has any bearing on view of the wake. They're all great!

With the new S-Class, there are many more Aft cabins available, and I gather the same will apply.

We have had aft cabins on our last two cruises and thoroughly loved them. In addition to watching the wake, we really enjoy being able to see the left and right sides of the ship at the same time, plus the larger balconies. It was really great in Alaska. We have one booked on the Solstice and can't wait.

looks to be about 70 cabins in front of it -and 25 cabins behind to get to the back of ship

can someone tell me why folks prefer 'aft' (back) cabins rather than ones nearer the front (assuming all the same size of balcony?---eg are the aft cabins less motion sensitive suggesting less seasickness risk on the balcony? etc etc

also, ours is on the side facing the port when ship is docked--is that preferable to being on the other side facing away from the port?

haven't been on a cruise in 30yrs

I'm not sure you have what most call an aft cabin if there are more cabins behind it. An aft cabin is along the back of the ship, not toward it. They do not face the side (you mentioned yours faces port), they face aft.

I am booked on the solstice aft but in the Aqua class.
hum.gif Assuming you must mean aft of midship, since there are no Aqua class 'aft' cabins on Solstice..... only SS, CC, or SV.

CCaftBS.gif

And you know this how?

Archived