Colosseum entrance question

Hi Folks!

I can't find the answer to this after my search, hopefully someone experienced this. I'll get my Colosseum tickets through http://www.tickitaly.com.

You pick at time you want to visit the place. I am not getting any tour guide, just a ticket to go in.

Do you have to go in at the designate time? Or is the ticket pretty much good for the whole day.

Thanks for the feedback!

There really is no need to purchase your tickets ahead.

To avoid the lines go to the Forum/Palantine Hill entrance (to the right of the Coliseum and up the hill a bit - not far) and buy your tickets there. Same price - no line. Just a tidbit we picked up from our private guide. And no "reserved time" either. Then back over to the Coliseum and walk right by all the people in line ;)

There really is no need to purchase your tickets ahead.

To avoid the lines go to the Forum/Palantine Hill entrance (to the right of the Coliseum and up the hill a bit - not far) and buy your tickets there. Same price - no line. Just a tidbit we picked up from our private guide. And no "reserved time" either. Then back over to the Coliseum and walk right by all the people in line ;)

great advice! We did just this and it worked like a charm. Once inside the Colloseum we did purchase the English tour and were so glad we did! It was just a few extra Euros and SO WORTH IT! W all got headsets so we could hear the guide easily.

We went to the Colosseum first thing in the morning. It was to open at 9, but we got there early, about 8:15 (long story!) After walking around the outside a few minutes, I decided to see if the ticket window was open yet, thinking to pre-purchase the tickets. Not only was the ticket window open at 8:30 am, but we were able to go right in. It was wonderful to be among only a handful of people exploring such an amazing place!

Enjoy your time in Rome!:)

This may explain why I've been having a problem trying to buy tickets for the Colosseum (to print at home). The service is 'temporaily unavailable' and has been for more than a week. Perhaps this is because of changes to the ticketing.

The site I'm looking at is supposed to be the 'official' site and from trying out the buy 'on-line' (but collect on the day option), I think you can buy an 'open' ticket.

http://www.ticketclic.it/Gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

I'll check out the site you're quoting dchan865 and see if their system is working for print at home.

But thanks to texancruzer you've given us a really good tip which I'll use if I don't have any success with the printing - I've just been trying to make sure we don't have to waste a lot of time - there's so much to do in Rome!

Just as an FYI. I am leaving next week for Rome and we have a long tour booked. Last week our guide emailed me this.

"I am writing because there has been a change in procedure for all walks that visit either the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, or Roman Forum. From March 10, the city of Rome has decided to charge an entry fee for the Roman Forum. Entry into the Forum is now included on the combined ticket for the Colosseum and Palatine Hill. However, complications of this new entrance fee are that several entrances to the Forum have now been closed. This change has resulted in longer lines that normal at the box office at the Palatine Hill."

Don't know if that will affect you, but just as a heads up.

Thanks guys and gals!

The goal of getting ticket online is to avoide the long waiting in line. So if I can it from Forum/Palantine Hill entrance, I may just do that.

I still don't know why the ticket web site ask you to pick a time you'll be going since the ticket can be use any time of the day, weird.

we got our tickets thru romemuseum.com really easy

we have a printed voucher and for just a few extra euros I think its worth it and its one less thing to pay for when we arrive

• 4 weeks later...
we got our tickets thru romemuseum.com really easy

we have a printed voucher and for just a few extra euros I think its worth it and its one less thing to pay for when we arrive

Thanks!

Does anyone else have positive experience with http://www.rome-museum.com/ ? I think I'll get the vocher from them instead.

The web site http://www.ticketclic.it/ is so confusing, may be its just me.

Archived