Snacks that are okay to leave the ship?

sas80

What do you all remember the buffet having available for non perishable snacks that I would be allowed to take off the ship?

They don't have juice boxes there, do they?

I remember crackers but I don't remember anything non perishable that I could take on excursions to feed my 18 month old.

Suggestions?

I take boxes of cereal off the buffet in the morning. That's about it for pre-packaged stuff on the buffet. So what about taking some packaged items from home? Or buy some in the store on the ship?

And no juice boxes, cartons of milk, but no juice. I bring a pack of juice from home too

I take boxes of cereal off the buffet in the morning. That's about it for pre-packaged stuff on the buffet. So what about taking some packaged items from home? Or buy some in the store on the ship?

And no juice boxes, cartons of milk, but no juice. I bring a pack of juice from home too

Yea...I have the pile of juice boxes, crackers, fruit cups, etc. I was hoping that I could reduce the pile and not have to carry that much. At least we are driving to the port....

Since you are driving to port, you might wait until you get to the port to make a grocery store run for some basic items. At least that would leave your car a little less packed for the ride there.

If you're driving to port, just pack a bag with snacks, juice boxes, etc. that you want. Then, by the end of the cruise, you'll have an empty bag to put all of you junk, I mean stuff into and don't have to worry about trying to cram it all into your other bags. We did this on our last and it worked out great! Now that I think of it, even if you're not driving to port, you could do this by stopping by a store around the port. You could use a soft sided duffel bag. Your kids will be much happier having the snacks/juice boxes that they're used.

I think it depends on your itinerary. We just got back from New Zealand/Australia and we had the little beagle dog checking us at each port and the did go through our bag when they smelled something. We were allowed Fruit Loops and the packed fruit snacks we brought from home, not much else.

So far I have a gaggle of juice boxes, the Austin brand crackers cheese crackers w/ PB & with cheese, 100 calorie packages of cheeze it's, fruit cups and string cheese. We are also bringing some lunchables. I may bring the small cooler to carry on excursions so DS will have "his" food handy and chilled.

We would stop once we got to the port but, seriously, after 4 hours of driving, I think DS would protest GREATLY if we tried to put him "back" into his car seat after the supermarket... We are better to pack everything from home and get right onto the ship.

Thanks for the opinions and information tho!

If he likes peanut butter I suggest you bring it. We were able to find some the first day - all he wanted was a PB sandwich - but after that not much luck. Only one more time on a 12 day. When we hit Sydney it was off to the local store to get some. Root beer also became an issue - very hard to find in Australia. If he really likes it and its doable - then bring it. Its not worth spending half your day - with your kid being and making you miserable - looking for something you could have just thrown in the suitcase.

If he likes peanut butter I suggest you bring it. We were able to find some the first day - all he wanted was a PB sandwich - but after that not much luck. Only one more time on a 12 day. When we hit Sydney it was off to the local store to get some. Root beer also became an issue - very hard to find in Australia. If he really likes it and its doable - then bring it. Its not worth spending half your day - with your kid being and making you miserable - looking for something you could have just thrown in the suitcase.

I LOVE the PB&J idea... They have packaged PB and J in the buffet area.... I wonder if bread is okay to take off the ship....?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stacey...Saw your post. I am guessing you are now on Steve and Kelly's wedding cruise? Do let me know how it all went and SEND PICTURES!! Tell them a big CONGRATS from us!!

Betsy

Just returned from an AI in Playa Del Carmen!

100_0329.jpg.6996f3b29ab01246d9d8d22fc185c251.jpg

Hi Stacey...Saw your post. I am guessing you are now on Steve and Kelly's wedding cruise? Do let me know how it all went and SEND PICTURES!! Tell them a big CONGRATS from us!!

Betsy

Just returned from an AI in Playa Del Carmen!

Hi Bonnie! We had a great time on our vacation!

David is BIG, and walking and independent!

We were not involved in the wedding at all (read: Bridezilla drama) so we didn't get any pictures. We didnt end up seeing Steve or kelly at all on the cruise, which was okay with us considering the situation. We had a great time and are now thinking Alaska!!!

Great pic of you and DH! Email me sometime!

I always bring 16 oz drink container (Target--dollar bin). They are great for filling with juice from the breakfast buffet, or for filling with water and mixing with Crystal Light to Go mixes.

And--to save space I pack these bottles (usually bring 2) in the suitcase and fill them with clean socks. It saves space!

We have also purchases drink bottle lanyards (from Disney Cruiseline) so we are able to hang the bottles from our shoulders or (long ago) loop them around the stroller handle.

Those drink bottles have been on many, many cruises. And--I have also seen Target selling them several summers in a row. Check their dollar bin!

CeleBrat

Archived