Weather at end of October

Shir Hayam

We are considering an "Ancient Empires" cruise for the end of October/early November of 2009. Port stops include Naples, Athens, Rhodes, Kusadasi, Haifa, Ashdod, and Alexandria. Has anyone done a similar itinerary at this time of year? I'm concerned that the weather might be too cool and/or rainy for the trip to be enjoyable. I'm guessing that's the reason the fares dip dramatically.

Thanks.

Sheila

We are considering an "Ancient Empires" cruise for the end of October/early November of 2009. Port stops include Naples, Athens, Rhodes, Kusadasi, Haifa, Ashdod, and Alexandria. Has anyone done a similar itinerary at this time of year? I'm concerned that the weather might be too cool and/or rainy for the trip to be enjoyable. I'm guessing that's the reason the fares dip dramatically.

Thanks.

Sheila

We are traveling the "beginning" of October this year so I would be interested too!

Thanks

Chesie

• 2 weeks later...
We are traveling the "beginning" of October this year so I would be interested too!

Thanks

Chesie

We're planning on mid October 2009 and would also like to hear what people have found in terms of weather.

There are lots of weather sites that offer histories of weather results around the world. We've traveled the Med in October and November and it was great. This cruise might have a wider spread and daytime temps could be in the 60's in Rome to the 80's in Israel and Egypt. The best advice is to layer your clothing but you certainly would not need heavy winter/fall garments....As for rain it is possible in Rome/Naples......rained a little in each on our last trip but didn't "dampen" our travels.....it could rain in Cape Cod in August.........Marty

Archived