Aft Cabin On Serenade

My DH and I have an aft cabin on the Serenade for our upcoming Alaska cruise.

We have been hearing that it is a really long walk from there to the elevators. Are there stairs in the aft section or do we have to walk a mile everytime we leave our cabin?

I know everyone says that the aft cabins are great and it surely will be a great way of walking off some of the food, but it is hard to believe there arent's even stairs in the aft section.

Thanks anyone who has the answer.

I stayed in the Royal Family Suite on the Radiance. Most times the walk was okay. But the lack of aft stairs was really annoying when we wanted to visit our friends in their cabin, which was directly above us (in the other RFS). Looong walk to the stairs midship, then the looong walk to their cabin, then the looong walk back to our room!!

There are stairs, but they are for crew use only. They are on deck plans, but I think RCI should put some kind of disclaimer on the plans so that people know in advance of booking that they won't be able to use them.

The walk isn't that bad if you don't have mobility issues. Even after a long night of dancing it took us less than a minute to get to the cabin (sometimes I was carrying my shoes, though).

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Sue L. your Alaska photos are wonderful, they certainly make me ready to go.

We have a corner aft cabin so I guess the long walk will be worth the view we will have.

I am so jealous, I would go back to Alaska again in a heartbeat. If you look at my Brilliance photos you will see 9260 aft cabin. Which cabin do you have? I have 9256 for my Med cruise in Oct 2009 for my 25th,

We are booked into JS 1000 and very excited about it. I will just have to make sure I wear comfortabe shoes for that long walk. It will do us both good after all that food.

Thanks all for your input. I know from what we read that we have really snagged a great cabin.

Again, Sue L. your pictures were amazing.

Archived