A portable TV??????

tripman

I just had my first Norwegian cruise last week on the Gem. Great time, really like it, etc. But I saw something I couldn't believe when getting off the ship in NYC on the last day. There was a lady who had with her a small 13" television as part of her luggage.

....alright.....huh????

taking a tv on a cruise???

There were kids with her, but all teenagers, and it was the mom (at least i think it was the mom) carrying it.

Maybe I'm way off on this one, but a portable tv with you? It was funny to see everyone's faces when they first saw her carrying it.

Did anyone else see this?

Are you sure it didn't belong in the room and the towels she 'borrowed' also were packed away in her suitcase?:eek: ;)

Maybe she's a member here and didn't know that some of the things on the packing list floating around were actually just jokes. Did she have a blender? The kitchen sink? Fishing poles? :p

Only thing I can think is maybe she bought it on an island? I knew someone once who drove to the ports and he'd purchased several large things, garden bench, a huge ceramic turtle, etc. Maybe she found a great bargain.

Maybe I'm way off on this one, but a portable tv with you? It was funny to see everyone's faces when they first saw her carrying it.

Even funnier may have been the porters when she arrived at the pier with a TV:eek:

Who has time for TV on a cruise:confused:

A new way to sneak booze on and off the ship? :D

BRILLIANT!

ok...back to the OP.....was it in a box? or kinda like the 1980s kind of 13" tv (avacado green) where you grab it by the built in handle? rabbit ears?

i'm hoping it's the former...that she bought it on one of the islands. but too bad for her...it might not be HD compatible.

Archived