What Can Anyone Tell Me About The Train Ride Thru Carnival, At The Panama Canal?

ddunn

Has anyone taken this train ride lately?

Can you tell me anything about it?

I want to take my husband on it. What all do you do?

Thanks!

We are booked on Miracle for April 7th.......

Cant wait!!!!

dd

Not sure if Carnival offers it but the Canal by Ferry got rave reviews. We were on a RCCL cruise last year that actually went through the first set of locks and some friends took the ferry tour that takes you through to the Pacific side. It was $$ but they said well worth it.

thanks Sue.

I booked the train ride via Carnival lastnight....

Wondering if i should have done ferry instead, or if the train ride is good......

dd

I took the Two Oceans By Train excursion back in November 2006. I enjoyed the day and we got to see quite a bit. There was a stop at one of the locks for awhile, that was very cool to watch. At the Panama City end we had a bit of a bus tour, then back on the train to go back. The "conductors" were quite something, all of them were beautiful young ladies in form fitting shirts and trousers. They did try to entertain on the way back with some singing but I think they should stick to their "conducting". The provided box lunch was more of a snack, though you could purchase more snacks.

While I enjoyed the day, I thought the excursion was over priced for what you got. Having already done it, I might fork over the few extra dollars and do the ferry through the locks.

If you click the link to my webshots page in my signature and go to the Carnival Legend 2006 album on page 2 of that album is the start of my pictures from the train ride.

We did and loved it... Yes, it was expensive but we thought well worth it. It was booked thru Carnival and very well done... But, be forewarned, the train was really really cold. I would absolutely positively recommend taking along a sweater with you...

My parents took the ferry tour and said it was very boring. I found the Two Oceans by Railroad tour to be anything but....

Thanks for your input!

Did u take it thru Carnival?

how long is the train ride?

d

Yes, I took it through Carnival and I really can't remember how long the actual train ride was, maybe an hour and a half each way, not including stops.

We are also doing the train on the Miracle 4/7 trip. I have heard good things about it. Plus our son is a train nut so that will be an added bonus. If you hear us screaming "Alex" don't touch you will know who we are :o)

We (my parents-70s, daughter and myself) did the Train between Two Oceans in 2003 and really enjoyed it. My daughter was 14 at the time and thought it was pretty cool. They let us ride on the platform between two cars (or the back of one of the cars) that was open air. We were able to stick our heads out and feel the wind. We had lunch on the train after getting to the Pacific side. Yes-it was expensive, but it is one excursion we still talk about. My parents thought it was a special treat too.

I took the Two Oceans By Train excursion back in November 2006. I enjoyed the day and we got to see quite a bit. There was a stop at one of the locks for awhile, that was very cool to watch. At the Panama City end we had a bit of a bus tour, then back on the train to go back. The "conductors" were quite something, all of them were beautiful young ladies in form fitting shirts and trousers. They did try to entertain on the way back with some singing but I think they should stick to their "conducting". The provided box lunch was more of a snack, though you could purchase more snacks.

While I enjoyed the day, I thought the excursion was over priced for what you got. Having already done it, I might fork over the few extra dollars and do the ferry through the locks.

If you click the link to my webshots page in my signature and go to the Carnival Legend 2006 album on page 2 of that album is the start of my pictures from the train ride.

We took the same ride, it was only offered thru Carnival. We thought it was overpriced for what we got, lunch was a snack, No ships were going thru the Mileflores Lock when we were there. We both thought is wasn't that good of a trip.:mad::mad: I did send a letter with my disappointments to Carnival and did receive a 45 day letter. :D I had also mentioned a couple of pluses as well.

Archived