How far out do you book?

dcappa

Thanks everyone! There's so much to learn about the best way to cruise!

I'm going to call our TA right away about the first or second week in December. If it's too late to get a good cabin, we'll just keep moving out the date.

I'm pretty sure we want the Western Caribbean, RCI Freedom 7 day cruise. So hopefully, we'll get the cabin we want too, and then I'll have a hundred other questions to start asking. :rolleyes:

I do have a couple of other quick questions. I went to the US Passport website and it appears that you don't need a passport for the Caribbean, as long as you have a driver's license/ID and a birth cert. This sound right? We can certainly get passports if that's the best way to go. I assume we still have plenty of time for that.

One the one and only cruise I went on (16 years ago), all our drinks and extras purchased on the trip, went on our room number. At the end of the week, we paid off of one bill. I see a lot of posts here about using your CC to purchase food/drinks on the ship. Is it pay as you go on cruiselines now? quote]

Passports are not required to cruise to the Caribbean so you may use your birth certificates and drivers licenses. Now with that said, you may have some people that may choose to be rude insisting you must instead of kindly giving you information to make up your own minds, just to warn you !;) If you should have to fly home for any reason from a foreign port you need a passport, if you should (heaven forbid !!) miss your ship and need to fly to the next port you will need a passport. In case of an emergency it is much safer to have one anytime you leave the county. And yes, if you decide to get your pasports you still have plenty of time to do that.

Almost everything you purchase on your cruise will go on your sail and sign (room) card and ultimately be paid by the credit card information you give to them or settled by cash at the pursers desk if that is what you wish to do. The same as when you last cruised.

Have a great trip !!

We just booked our July "09" Alaska cruise a couple of weeks ago. We love the Penthouse stern cabins and they have very few of them and are always in demand. Then we watch for price reductions ( never happens price always goes up.) Sometimes we are lucky to get a stern cabin by way of a cancellation. Our wonderful TA has even called us with such news.

Retiredonthesea

Details please. I'm thinking about Alaska in July '09 but don't see anything on Princess yet and Carnival only leaves on Wednesdays and NCL I swore off of but will do if I have to. Not sure where to begin. Thanks for help.

Sorrry to hear your not up to NCL, but that's who we booked with again!

This will be our 7th NCL cruise. We have done other lines, but really like the Butlers and Penthouses that go along with the "freestyle" cruising. We're in our mid 50's and find NCL to be right for us, but I know their are people who just don't care for the freestyle.

Our Alaska will be July 11th "09" on the Star. (We really like this ship) Itinerary-- Departs Seattle Sat. 12th cruise inside passage, 13th Ketchikan, 14th Juneau, 15th Skagway, 16th Prince Rupert, 17th at sea, 18th Seattle.

Try NCL again:rolleyes: give them another chance, who knows it may be okay this time around.:D

Retiredonthesea

We booked our first cruise 9 months in advance. We booked our second cruise 18 months in advance to get a certain cabin. We are planning to go on another cruise in either November or December of 2009 and will be booking that one sometime this summer most likely.

Sorrry to hear your not up to NCL, but that's who we booked with again!

This will be our 7th NCL cruise. We have done other lines, but really like the Butlers and Penthouses that go along with the "freestyle" cruising. We're in our mid 50's and find NCL to be right for us, but I know their are people who just don't care for the freestyle.

Our Alaska will be July 11th "09" on the Star. (We really like this ship) Itinerary-- Departs Seattle Sat. 12th cruise inside passage, 13th Ketchikan, 14th Juneau, 15th Skagway, 16th Prince Rupert, 17th at sea, 18th Seattle.

Try NCL again:rolleyes: give them another chance, who knows it may be okay this time around.:D

Retiredonthesea

3 times a charm?? lol

Princess still shows nothing for July and August '09 Alaska. :confused:

Hubby said if we had to NCL would be ok to do if we had to.

Will start pricing after I'm done packing tomorrow. lol

Want to congrat. you on 25th ann. Have a wonderful time. Come join us on NCL July "09" Alaska cruise---we'll show you a good time!:D We'll be celebrating 39 yrs. (yes we were married way young HA)

Have a great cruise,

Retiredonthesea

Thank you, thank you.

I'll take a look into that cruise your suggesting.

First I need to re-pack (again) for Sunday. lol

You should see, we have been sitting around watching tv, reading the paper, ordered chinese for dinner since we are official on vacation since

4 this afternoon. lol You would think I have nothing else to do. :D

I will touch base with you when I get back.

We might have showers in each port nest...(which is a ok by us) ;)

DebbieDoll2@aol.com

Archived