Spirit outlets

Joe Dandy

what type of room?

in the balcony, the plugs are on the vanity. bring extension cord to reach from the bed to the vanity area. if you have more items to plug in...like charging camera batteries or such..bring a outstrip to give you more outlets.

1148480637_Lookingtowarddoor.jpg.68a5316593269ca0550c1fc8b4c10524.jpg

1891595890_Electricoutlets.jpg.7800ffbc477f4008baca95389de88195.jpg

if you try to use a powerful hairdryer, then yes. for normal use, no.

i used a regular power-surge, outlet strip..had batteries charging and laptop pluged in, it was fine. just can't use the "big" power units.

you can see by the photos, that the plug is a regular plug for the states. but it can't take hair dryers over 1500?

oops, wrong photo of the room. that is not where the outlet is...the coffee pot is over on the shelves, the open outlet in on the vanity..as per this photo.

If do not mind me asking what cabin is that a picture of?

Thanks In Advance

if you try to use a powerful hairdryer, then yes. for normal use, no.

i used a regular power-surge, outlet strip..had batteries charging and laptop pluged in, it was fine. just can't use the "big" power units.

you can see by the photos, that the plug is a regular plug for the states. but it can't take hair dryers over 1500?

Looks like it says "Max 500 watts..no hair dryer" over the US outlet.

here are 2 links to other threads where this has been talked about. the 2nd link has some really through information on the outlets. the spirit was made for the asian market...it has never been upgraded for our electricial thingies.:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=741131&highlight=spirit+outlets

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=675515&highlight=spirit+outlets

I have a question about the Spirit outlets. I NEED an 1875 volt hairdryer. My hair is extremely long and extremely thick, so I can't possibly use what is supplied in the cabin.

What do I need to do to make sure my hairdryer works, without blowing the power for everyone on my floor? :confused:

I have a question about the Spirit outlets. I NEED an 1875 volt hairdryer. My hair is extremely long and extremely thick, so I can't possibly use what is supplied in the cabin.

What do I need to do to make sure my hairdryer works, without blowing the power for everyone on my floor? :confused:

The answer depends upon your hairdryer.

Does it have a dual voltage switch?

If yes, switch it to the 220 Volt setting, buy a power plug adapter, and plug it into the Spirit's 220 Volt receptacle.

http://djhardwares.com/euandampl.html

djmazter_1993_76507189

If no, you'll have to buy a power converter, plug you hairdryer into it and plug the converter into the Spirit's 220 Volt receptacle.

http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/step-up-down-transformer.html#vt1800r-stepup/downtransformerwithgerman/europlug.

blowup-vt1800r1.jpg

Additinally, to power your 1875 Watt hair dryer, you're going to need a more expensive 1800 Watt power converter, not the cheaper 100 Watt converter.

It will be cheaper to buy a dual voltage hair dryer and an adapter plug than using an existing single voltage hairdryer and power converter.

This was recommended to use on the Spirit. It comes with plug adapters & has dual voltage. Don't use it in the US outlet. Also, I'd set it on "low".

Revlon International Travel Stylix Ion Select Dryer (1875 watt)

model # RV603PK1

It's available at Wal*Mart for under $20.00.

And THANK YOU electricron for all your help!

Does anyone know how many electrical outlets there are on the Spirit? I always bring a small fan to help me sleep at night and Im hoping I can plug it in near the bed.

If you have a balcony room or a window that opens, just open the window or balcony door at night. The ocean makes much better white noise than a fan does! ;)

The answer depends upon your hairdryer.

Does it have a dual voltage switch?

If yes, switch it to the 220 Volt setting, buy a power plug adapter, and plug it into the Spirit's 220 Volt receptacle.

http://djhardwares.com/euandampl.html

If no, you'll have to buy a power converter, plug you hairdryer into it and plug the converter into the Spirit's 220 Volt receptacle.

http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/step-up-down-transformer.html#vt1800r-stepup/downtransformerwithgerman/europlug.

Additinally, to power your 1875 Watt hair dryer, you're going to need a more expensive 1800 Watt power converter, not the cheaper 100 Watt converter.

It will be cheaper to buy a dual voltage hair dryer and an adapter plug than using an existing single voltage hairdryer and power converter.

Thank you so much for your help! I am going to go out and get myself a dual volt hairdryer.

This was recommended to use on the Spirit. It comes with plug adapters & has dual voltage. Don't use it in the US outlet. Also, I'd set it on "low".

Revlon International Travel Stylix Ion Select Dryer (1875 watt)

model # RV603PK1

It's available at Wal*Mart for under $20.00.

And THANK YOU electricron for all your help!

Thanks so much for this. I actually was at Walmart today and bought a hair dryer...mine is on the way out. UNFORTUNATELY they didn't have this one, so I just bought any old one for now. I just realized it isn't dual volt. The one you mentioned also isn't available in the stores. I guess I will just order it online. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Archived